starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

hi folks got my welder up and runn'n welds great if I only had young eyes!! have been working on header wrap and such need to get this stuff done to move on ... finished welding strut spacers up and stuck wheels on to check all clearances seems ok to me,,, triangulated / measured from steering head to rear wheel-lower ball joints its with in a 16th. of an inch,,, and the cradle is mounted with rubber isolators so don't know if it will stay but I will get it dead on this week end and finish weld it... after its been run a few times think a re-check will be called for....
will go to sons shop Saturday am to bend some tubing ...frames about done pics by Sunday I hope...
magoo

well its been a while since I talked about the trike build,, I broke frame down into two section so that I could weld up all areas on bottom of frame that I could not get to easily on jig.. i'm a one man band so the completed frame is to heavy for me to lift off over motor/trans.. I will paint all inaccessible areas before reassembling frame, true it up and weld sections together... then this build is coming off the jig and will be setting on its rear tires.. load up frame to approx.. finished weight, level up frame and build front end.. its wearing me out talking about it!!!:xzqxz:
I better get out there and get er done:D I've got to buy front tire soon avon trike tire still not buyable so Michelin or Bridgestone ??? pics to come later...
magoo

well time waits for no one I got to get on the skick!! and get this done!!
ok while I had front end of frame off to weld I bent up belly pans
1. shows pans on frame
2.just shows front pc. and
3. this shows weather lap folded up on each pc.
4.&5. shows frame welded up for keeps!!
tomorrow if the stars are in my favor i'll bend up running board and install them..
I hope to have this off jig soon running out of summer!!
magoo

Attachments

• P1010119.JPG
    P1010119.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 172
  • P1010120.JPG
    P1010120.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 174
  • P1010121.JPG
    P1010121.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010122.JPG
    P1010122.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 182
  • P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 187
well I have not made much progress on trike in the last month or so getting things ready for winter and ... we got new jeep unlimited rubicon:pepper:.. its been occupying my time !!! now heading to bluebird coach rally in pine mountain ga. ...will be back in a few weeks and stay until after thanks giving-spend some time with kids& grandkids... I'll work on front end and wiring then .... won't get to building body untill spring think we're heading west this winter down to texas and then ???? we'll see maybe Arizona.

magoo

Have a good one my friend :pepper:,,that sounds like a good one in GA. never heard of it . I really like the old bus conversions though,,,but just a little spoiled have to stick with all my slideouts and auto jacks .:D

Have a good one my friend :pepper:,,that sounds like a good one in GA. never heard of it . I really like the old bus conversions though,,,but just a little spoiled have to stick with all my slideouts and auto jacks .:D

hi rick,

there are a few blue bird schoolie conversions but the lion share are purpose builds that where always motor coaches, built in Georgia and the blue bird wanderlodge factory,, they stopped production in 2006.. the market had been bad for many years due to economy/ fuel cost etc. check out http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums the banner on top " buy buy blue bird" shows some used bb. coaches for sell you may be surprised at the amenities in a wanderlodge;)..

I'm irmagoo on that forum also, the wonderlodge motor coaches were limited production and still considered to be one of the best by many ... our 97-40 fter. has every thing we need cummins m11/ 6 speed Allison, hydronic heat, 3 ac's 2 tv, sat dish, washer/dryer, etc. - no slides though, we have had them , enjoyed them and chose to not have them for now.

irmagoo

hi all

well I,m back in ill. as spring is here soon:D

spent the winter down south thinking about my trike project and eating some fine southern cook'n.

I'll get trike on the floor and get to work on front end.

magoo

nice welding job fuzzy!!
if you were closer I could use your talent !!
magoo

Worse thing I ever did, buying a welder ... you can't imagine the "friends" I've found ... LOL ... I don't mind helping, but the last job I did for a friend, was to make a rack for his truck ... took me about 60 hours labor ... he bought the materials, but not gas and wire, I wrote it off as "service" in my mind.

hi rick,
there are a few blue bird schoolie conversions but the lion share are purpose builds that where always motor coaches, built in Georgia and the blue bird wanderlodge factory,, they stopped production in 2006.. the market had been bad for many years due to economy/ fuel cost etc. check out http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums the banner on top " buy buy blue bird" shows some used bb. coaches for sell you may be surprised at the amenities in a wanderlodge;)..
I'm irmagoo on that forum also, the wonderlodge motor coaches were limited production and still considered to be one of the best by many ... our 97-40 fter. has every thing we need cummins m11/ 6 speed Allison, hydronic heat, 3 ac's 2 tv, sat dish, washer/dryer, etc. - no slides though, we have had them , enjoyed them and chose to not have them for now.
irmagoo

Sorry for the slow response my friend but I have seen the Wanderlodge and it a beautiful coach ..:Agree::Agree: Good to see you back at the drawing board ,,keep it coming .

Worse thing I ever did, buying a welder ... you can't imagine the "friends" I've found ... LOL ... I don't mind helping, but the last job I did for a friend, was to make a rack for his truck ... took me about 60 hours labor ... he bought the materials, but not gas and wire, I wrote it off as "service" in my mind.

is he still a "friend"??

Sorry for the slow response my friend but I have seen the Wanderlodge and it a beautiful coach ..:Agree::Agree: Good to see you back at the drawing board ,,keep it coming .
thanx rick!
glad to be working on trike again!!
I layed out front end and got triple tree drawing to my son to water jet for me,,,
I changed my mind on using the 18 x3.5 wheel (i'll use this on my side car rig with avon trike tire!!)could not live with the way it looked - too narrow for the size of the trike so picked up a 16x5 harley rear wheel and 180 x65 x16 tire looks right for this trike better proportion's in my opinion
1. this shows the drive side of wheel I milled 1/2 inch off this side and made a hub cap.
2.just shows the rotor and caliper side of wheel.
3. this was to show the wheel is aprox 8 and1/4 inch wide with the 1/2 inch trim job,,, but if you can see it your doing better than me!!:xzqxz:
4. this is a copy of my upper tree drawing- lower tree won't have the two .875 holes for rubber mounted rises and the neck bore will be 1inch and .050 so I don't bugger up bearing mounting area's
I think I'm going to use QA1 shocks on leading link spring weight to be determined after front end is on and weight of loaded trike is calculated

Attachments

• P1010154.JPG
    P1010154.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010155.JPG
    P1010155.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 155
  • P1010157.JPG
    P1010157.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 154
  • P1010159.JPG
    P1010159.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 158

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png