New Indian Chief triked??

I would seriously consider one. Before I bought my TriGlide, I had a Victory Cross Country. That was the best bike I've ever owned. But when I was shopping for a trike, there were not yet any aftermarket trike kits for the Victory so it was back to a Harley.

I'll be watching the market to see who might come up with a trike kit for the Chief and I would have no problem selling off the TriGlide to move back to a Polaris product.

I'm hoping Indian hits it big this time, from what I've seen I would buy one. Its a sweet looking ride, not to mention it looks like they've taken the time to build a solid engine.

I'm hoping Indian hits it big this time, from what I've seen I would buy one. Its a sweet looking ride, not to mention it looks like they've taken the time to build a solid engine.

I have always had a softspot for Indian.....but their last designed engine was part of the reason they failed last time. That and lack of dealer base are major drawbacks IMO.

Indianbig.jpg

I have always had a softspot for Indian.....but their last designed engine was part of the reason they failed last time. That and lack of dealer base are major drawbacks IMO.

I'm hoping this new engine will be the ticket, on paper it looks sweet and should make Harley nervous.

Indian has no ties to Polaris Industries as far as I know.:Shrug:

Polaris, who manufactures motorcycles under the "Victory" brand name, also owns and manufactures the new Indian bikes about to be formally unveiled at the annual Sturgis rally. It's hoped that Polaris will apply some of it's expertise and efficiencies in bike manufacturing to the new line of Indian bikes.

Polaris, who manufactures motorcycles under the "Victory" brand name, also owns and manufactures the new Indian bikes about to be formally unveiled at the annual Sturgis rally. It's hoped that Polaris will apply some of it's expertise and efficiencies in bike manufacturing to the new line of Indian bikes.

...ahhh...I forgot, I did hear a rumor about a year ago, but never heard a follow up to it. That would explain why the new Indian motor has a Victoryesque appearance as well as primary drive similarities.

Nobody can touch Harley-Davidson for looks, sound and style,

Ahhhh Zook,,,,... :) To each their own. But just in my opinion, I always though the Indian Chief was the most classy, beautiful and slick bike out there. Always was and still is my "Dream" bike! But at this stage of the game, I'll just watch them pass by and maybe be fortunate enough to actually see one of the new ones. And if one of the companies ever do manufacture a trike kit for the Chief, that would be really something to see! For me it's 'dream on', lol. ;)

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png