Help

Jul 28, 2013
Eldora NJ USA
Looking for some help I have a 2009 goldwing 1800 trike Thinking of putting runningboards on It or just adding Floor boards instead of the pegs Any comments or suggestions are appreciated

I have a 2008/1800 triked. I had the running boards added when it was triked.
Kyriakin (sp) heel toe shifter with the floor boards to rest the feet. Works out fine for me. When you ride in the rain, they keep the rain off you real good.

Do you mean the aqua shields you are thinking about ???

Ride safe

Pat

When I first bought my first trike it didn't have the aqua shields. Didn't take me long to figure out that the big back wheels act like a boat in the rain and every big puddle got pushed up in my boots. I had the aqua shields put on and it was the best thing I ever did. I have them on my 1800 now. Nothing better to keep your fee dry IMOH.

Looking for some help I have a 2009 goldwing 1800 trike Thinking of putting runningboards on It or just adding Floor boards instead of the pegs Any comments or suggestions are appreciated

Are Champion running boards weight baring? If they are then the would make mounting and dismounting easier. They also add another foot rest position. I modified me rider foot peg mounts so they flip up vertical and let me put my feet directly on the MotorTrike Aqua Shields. Sure makes my old worn out knees feel better!! :xszpv:

I have a 2006 1800. Never did like pegs probably because I started out with a 1946 HD 74 with floor boards and have used them ever since. When I bought the present bike I immediately added the Kuryakin boards with heel/toe shifter so I could move my feet around instead of having the instep constantly on the pegs. And yep, they do keep the water off your boots. (And Trike-Wings keep it off your lower legs.)

Champion Aqua Shields ARE NOT weight bearing.
But they do keep the road water off your feet and protect the rear fenders.
The many reason why I like them is that they finish off the bottom of the trike.

I also have black fender bras. I just had the aqua shields painted black. One thing I can say is that aqua shields get pitted up. The same type of paint they spray the bed liners with is what I've done. Really stands out and looks good. Maybe I should have said RHINO LINER in the 1st place.

Okay you guys are really confusing me now What is the aqua shield Is that what they call the running boards And so what I'm getting out of this runningboards aren't a functional thing Or weight bearing Are they all like that i was looking at the floor boards with Heel toe shifter not sure if I would never use that I'm old-school used to the old system for 30 some years

Okay you guys are really confusing me now What is the aqua shield Is that what they call the running boards And so what I'm getting out of this runningboards aren't a functional thing Or weight bearing Are they all like that i was looking at the floor boards with Heel toe shifter not sure if I would never use that I'm old-school used to the old system for 30 some years

Aqua shields is what Motor calls there running boards.Some running boards are weight bearing and some are not.Depends on the kit you have.RIDE SAFE

I have the weight-bearing ones on mine and, frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.....

DSCN1229_zps6ef13b56.jpg

TRIKE00035_zps4b576892.jpg

TRIKE00033_zpsb3e93367.jpg

TRIKE00027_zps172412c4.jpg

I just heard that California Side Car has re-supported them so you can put weight on them.

I just had my aqua shields off my 08 CSC to have them sprayed with bedliner material because of all the rock chips. They were supported in three places. The rear fenders each had two bolts through the fiberglass and the other two locations just had a tiny brace connecting the shields to the bike. I would not trust these to be weight bearing.

What kind of conversion kit? You may be able to add "ground effects" They look great and protect the rider.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png