Stallion taillight bulbs:

Apr 19, 2011
Signal Mountain Tn
I was going to switch my taillight bulbs to led's. I just assumed that the old bulbs were 3157's. The owner's manual does not give the bulb specs. I looked at one of the installed bulbs and it is a 7443 It looks similar to a 3157, but a 3157 will not go deep enough into the socket. The plug portion of the 7443 is at least 1/4" longer than a 3157.

I was going to switch out my OEM 7443 bulbs for LED's also. I have purchased LED's from Super Bright LED's in the past, my most resent switching out my running/fog lights. I am very satisfied with those, but the LED 7443 bulbs I received for the tail lights was a big disappointment. I spoke with a support person and the bulbs I ordered was their "brightest" LED's. I installed them last night in the garage (out of sunlight) and I could not tell any difference. They were pricy and I was really expecting a major distinction.

Thanks for your imput Stall1803, I was wanting LED's for the tail lights but sounds like they didn't change things very much. On your fog/driving lights did you just change the bulbs or did you change the complete light?

Thanks
Ed

Ed, I ended up replacing the complete assembly. I tried a couple different LED set ups but they weren't bright enough. Then I found these COB LED's and they did the trick (10W High Power COB LED Auxiliary Light Kit | Daytime Running Lights | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs) I have them on a modulator and they are like "strobe" lights. If you aren't able to "cut & paste" this web site, email me and I'll get it to you that way.

Dean, How did you mount these?
Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png