Carrying a passenger

Tell them to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Since you don't lean a trike the way you do a 2 wheeler, unless your passenger is moving around a lot more than I can imagine, they don't affect the ride all that much. They may want to lean in curves for their own comfort, but it really doesn't seem to effect the driver much.

I had a girlfriend once, she was big enough that after we broke up, I had to have a friend weld the rear fender where the seat bolted to it.

You dont lean the trike but you do lean into the turn depending on your speed. Your passenger should learn to follow your lean in the same direction as you slightly to shift the centerline of your total weight of the trike your passenger and you to the inside of the turn. Shifting the centerline of the top weight ( you and your passenger ) will help you steer the trike a little easier when riding into a turn as speed.

Also when I say the passenger leans, its from the waist up. Not moving in the seat

A whole lot easier to 2-up on a Trike than on just two wheels....Passenger Movement will affect the Trike very little unless Your Passenger is really, really moving around a lot in really tight twisties.....ThumbUp

Yup! The big concern is the centrifical force the passenger feels on tight curves. Arm rests that swing up instead of swinging out are an excellent idea. So are strong bungee cords...

Also remember that 4 eyes are better than 2.A passenger needs to tell you of things they believe to be a threat or danger that you may have missed.

Now lets see....I carry Kathryn on the back. I must ensure she is as comfortable as possible, comfy seat, heated of course. I do this because if not I won't get to play all the time....:laugh:

Now lets see....I carry Kathryn on the back. I must ensure she is as comfortable as possible, comfy seat, heated of course. I do this because if not I won't get to play all the time....:laugh:

That is smart thinking. I figured out early to not spare any expense making your Babe on Back comfortable with anything She wants to help her enjoy riding back there. If our Babes are excited to hit the road, mo' better for us!

Other rider that ride with us can tell you that my wife twist and turns all the time. I guess that I have gotten so use to it, I don't realize she is doing it. That should tell you that the passenger movement doesn't affect the driver. At least it doesn't bother me.;)

Wife usuall falls a sleep so I have to keep checking on her so she doesn't fall off. I hate having to go back and pick her up makes the trip take so much longer and not to mention the gas mileage :gah:
I can tell when it happens( the falling asleep part, not the falling off ) the TURTLE KISSES happen more often .

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png