Front Crash Bar Broke

Anyone else have the upper tab on there front engine guard/crash bar break off ??
2009 Triglide, 16,000kms
I was in Sturgis and found that the top tab was broken off and the lower bolts all loose....MOCO is replacing under EXT warranty...
Just kinda weird occurance too me...Musta bin a defective tab im thinking????

:xzqxz:

Ya Man!!!..Sturgis Stunt Riding....LOL..Once removed I see how small the tab is and looks as tho it was burnt thru from factory robot welding...Lucky no harm done and ext warranty is taking care of the part...Im doin the labour, as I really don't need anyone else scratchin things up on me...By the way Wiz, its running A1, Thx again to You!
HaNkB
ThumbUp

I think maybe ur right Mike....I do have this other 09 bagger and the eng guard is bent in half and it ripped the frame out instead of breakin the tab off...My trike just wanted attention I guess!!!..They get that way Ya no when theres to many other bikes getting all the attention in shop..LOL..HanKb

You worried me, so I went out and looked at the center tab on my crash bars. Everything looks OK, no sign of fatigue or cracking.

Same here, I'll be looking when I get home from work. Driving the F-250 Roadragemobile today.

Never heard of that before (apart from an accident, and then it usually bends the frame tab). Glad to hear no incident because of it.

I use my highway pegs a lot, and I see the engine guard flex at times when pushing on the pegs.

Gonna keep an eye on it going forward.

I would think the bolts were loose, causing vibration and tab failure. Just had a tour of the Kansas City, MO plant and it sure seems they do as much as they can to make sure the bikes are right when the dealer gets them. All robot work is checked by a human. The quality control people pick five bikes a day and go thru them with a fine tooth comb and ride them for 25-30 miles any day the plant is in operation, weather be damned! Anything that is found to be a problem is put on sticky tabs and put on the bike then they put the bikes in the cafeteria for everyone to see. I was told if you buy a bike with 25 - 30 miles on it right off the truck it will be top notch. Each work zone has 12 work stations and a worker will switch from station to station every two and half hours to help with monotony. They pull samples of steel (like frame tubes) very often and test to make sure it is correct hardness and strength and type. The 2014 models were in production so we were not able to see some of the assembly line. He did say that something big is going to happen. I had a tour of the Corvette plant a few years back and there is no comparison. In the corvette plant the people looked like hell and every work station had a boom box wide open, the place looked like hell. All the people in the Harley plant looked fine in jeans and a dissent shirt and some dissent music playing from one location. They have up front Harley parking for the works that ride their Harley to work, right at the front door in a semi circle, looks good at the entrance.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png