Tri Glide seats for women (riders)

Just curios what short folks or women riders have found comfort wise for thier TG. My wifes 5'2" weighs 125lbs. We did try the H-D reduced reach seat and the super reduced seat versions, but those left alot to be desired comfort wise, at least for her. They put her closer to everything but the seat padding was very thin.

I thought she was ok with the stock seat and she has been up until this year, maybe it's been the lack of seat time due to all the rain this summer. She ran sheep skin and really liked it. Now she is using an air hawk seat cushion. We are both thin on the back side and she thinks this a reason for the discomfort also. I run a air police seat on my electra glide and it's the best seat they ever made IMHO. Sure I could put one of those on the TG but they set you higher and further away than any other seat, and that kinda defeats the purpose of what she is trying to achieve.

I've experienced alot of brands of seats, I have a garage full of bikes. But trying to find one that puts the rider closer to the controls and still has a great comfort factor is something new for me.

Thanks.....

Sounds like she needs a custom seat made. You can call Russell Cycle Products and see if they could accommodate her request. Their seats do raise you up, but they mentioned being able to mod the front&side to allow a short legged person reach the ground better. I had them leave mine alone, plus they moved me back an inch and my wife another inch behind me. 2 inches total. If it can be done, they will know how!
www.day-long.com 800-432-9566

We just had same issue with my 5'3" better half. Tried the reduced reach and the super reduced from HD. Both were horribly uncomfortable - like sitting in a bucket. Ended up with the Mustang one piece touring seat #802-180 at J&P. Also got back rest #802-189. Mustang says this seat puts you in same position as stock but I guess because it sits different, it actually moved her as close to controls as the HD reduced. Make sure you don't get the Mustang super touring seat - it moves you back from stock position and J&P does not state this on their site.

Just curios... What seat did you end up going with? I'm 5' tall (or should I saw short). I recently purchased a 2011 Tri Glide Ultra Classic. I'm looking for input regarding getting closer to controls - and foot brake. Thanks.

Just curios... What seat did you end up going with? I'm 5' tall (or should I saw short). I recently purchased a 2011 Tri Glide Ultra Classic. I'm looking for input regarding getting closer to controls - and foot brake. Thanks.
You might give these guys a shout for their opinion. On a suggestion I had them rebuild the seat on my '94 bagger. Best money I ever spent on it. Rather wish I needed to do it sooner.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

The drawback with them is that they are very busy as their services are in high demand.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png