Heading to Nova Scotia

Aug 9, 2012
E. Haddam, CT 06423
On 07-Sept, the wife and I are starting out on a two (2) week ride from Connecticut up to and around Nova Scotia and back on our 2012 HD trike with Beshtec trailer.

Our itinerary is pretty much set, but we're always looking for suggestion on places to visit, especially good restaurants.

Your suggestion and/or recommendation are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

The town of Digby has world famous scallops. There are also whale watching tours from Long Island NS near there. Its a kce little fishing village on northwest area.

Nova Scotia has some of the best kept secrets when it comes to restaurants and places to stay. in Metegan a small local spot called Around the Bend has great seafood. The Liscombe Lodge on the eastern shore about an hour south of the town of Canso is definitely worth the time to stay for a night. Food is great also.
Enjoy the backroads, they are great. Have fun. :wave4: pepper

If you are in Truro, great fish and chips at Murphy's resurant, rated no 1.

If you are on the sunrise trail going through River John, drop in and say hello, just ask for the old guy that builds all the crazy things, they call me an inventor, but I say I just reinvent to make things better. I have tools here and a good shop if you want to check anything on your trike.

Trun North Trikes

If you're sightseeing along the SE shore, be sure to visit such picturesque places as Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg - all within an 1 1/2 hr. ride (or less) from Halifax. Also, there used to be a "bike night" in "downtown" Halifax near the waterfront area - maybe do a search and see if it's still active.

Also, in Halifax, on Lower Water St is the "Alexander Keith Brewery". One of the oldest breweries in No. America (if not the oldest). They offer a GREAT tour...

Wherever you go, take lot's of pictures and let us know about you "adventure". ThumbUp

I don't know what happened to snipe, I see that often, some one asks a question and people try to help and they don't come back again, wonder why?

Wife & I toured Nova Scotia in '06 and enjoyed everyplace we visited!! We especially enjoyed Halifax and I wish we had allocated more time to it. Of course Cape Breton Island has awesome rides. Everyone does the Cabot trail. - Russ

Everyone,

Thanks for the recommendations and advice. It is much appreciated.

Our intention is to ride the entire Nova Scotia coast line, clockwise, heading for the Highlands first. We've allocated two (2) days for Halifax. We'll end up in Digby for the ferry back to NB, then heading for home.

Thanks again everyone!ThumbUp

A great side trip is out to Grand Manaan island off the coast of southern New Brunswick. Take the ferry from Black's harbor and go see whales with "Whales and Sails" on their 60 foot sail boat. We have done it several times and always see whales!(the owners are friends of ours)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png