Indian Trike!?

"Indian rep I spoke to said Indian will be coming out with a factory trike, not a kit, like HD TriGlide. "

I made the 50 mile ride last Saturday to the Indian dealer in Lincoln Ne to check out the new Indians.
The only bikes they had there were 2 used older model Indians and 2 used Harleys. No new Indians at all. I was told they would be getting some new models in soon but they did not know for sure when. I asked about a trike model and was told that Indian is working on a deal with a kit manufacture to make a kit for the new Indians but that nothing is definite yet but that Indian was planning having a trike kit available by late next year. I asked if Indian actually had any plans on building a factory built one like the Tri Glide. He said no that when an Indian trike does become available it will be a conversion as there are no plans for them to make a factory built one at this time.
I spent a good 45 minutes talking with the man there and I heard all the great things about the new Indian from him but it would seam to me that even though he did not have any new ones there at that time that he would have at least have some idea of the date when he would be receiving any. Only answer I could get was he should have some soon.
While I was there a man came in that said he rode the new Indian while he was in Sturgus and thought about it and decided he wanted one. He walked out the door saying that he would just keep his Harley as he was not going to buy a new Indian when they could not even give him a ball park date that he would be able to receive it.
It would seam to me that it would be pretty hard to sell any new Indians with out even one in the showroom and not being able to give someone a delivery date should they chose to buy one.
The Indian dealer did nothing that impressed me or that would even make me consider buying one.
Dan
Dan

"Indian rep I spoke to said Indian will be coming out with a factory trike, not a kit, like HD TriGlide. "

I made the 50 mile ride last Saturday to the Indian dealer in Lincoln Ne to check out the new Indians.

The only bikes they had there were 2 used older model Indians and 2 used Harleys. No new Indians at all. I was told they would be getting some new models in soon but they did not know for sure when. I asked about a trike model and was told that Indian is working on a deal with a kit manufacture to make a kit for the new Indians but that nothing is definite yet but that Indian was planning having a trike kit available by late next year. I asked if Indian actually had any plans on building a factory built one like the Tri Glide. He said no that when an Indian trike does become available it will be a conversion as there are no plans for them to make a factory built one at this time.

I spent a good 45 minutes talking with the man there and I heard all the great things about the new Indian from him but it would seam to me that even though he did not have any new ones there at that time that he would have at least have some idea of the date when he would be receiving any. Only answer I could get was he should have some soon.

While I was there a man came in that said he rode the new Indian while he was in Sturgus and thought about it and decided he wanted one. He walked out the door saying that he would just keep his Harley as he was not going to buy a new Indian when they could not even give him a ball park date that he would be able to receive it.

It would seam to me that it would be pretty hard to sell any new Indians with out even one in the showroom and not being able to give someone a delivery date should they chose to buy one.

The Indian dealer did nothing that impressed me or that would even make me consider buying one.

Dan

Dan

Not a very encouraging report, sad to say. Yes, is the Indian my dream bike?

Absolutely! And it always has been. But unless they get their act together regarding available inventory and develop a decent dealer network, the Indian might still just remain a dream bike and not a reality for me. A good dealer network, to me, it crucial! As I said previously, only time will tell.

Hannigan will also be coming out with a new trike conversion and side-car for the new Indians in the first quarter of 2014. Just an FYI.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png