Intercom problem

Jun 19, 2013
Miami, Florida, USA
Got my 2012 Triglide and have a headset for me and the lady. Problem is I can't get the intercom to work without other interference coming in. I wonder if anyone can tell me how to set up the int to work alone. Looked at manual and I guess I'm not smart enough to understand it. Help!:Shrug:

Got my 2012 Triglide and have a headset for me and the lady. Problem is I can't get the intercom to work without other interference coming in. I wonder if anyone can tell me how to set up the int to work alone. Looked at manual and I guess I'm not smart enough to understand it. Help!:Shrug:

What interference are you getting in ? If it is the wind noise, you need to shield the mic someway. With open helmets it is a problem. The older headsets had a directional mic that could help some.
:Coffee:

I know the VOX sensitivity has to be set right on it, or use the PTT. If you use the CB as well, I think you have to use VOX, as PTT activates the CB instead.

I have found that if you set the sensitivity on very low until the interference stops [you should be riding to do this as most of the interference is prob. coming from the wind noise causing the VOX to activate] and then use the press to talk buttons and forget about the VOX [worthless anyway:gah:].
If you don't under the manual [like me] drive by the Harley dealer, one of the salesmen should be glad to help ThumbUp.

If the interference you are talking about is the mic activating while you are listening to the radio, then you need to raise the VOX level up until just your voice will operate it. Some people don't like the VOX system because it will usually cut off the first bit of the first word spoken. If you get used to using it this doesn't interfere, if nothing else just make any noise before your first word....... Just say'n.....
Some would prefer to push buttons to be able to say anything. Whatever your preference................JMHO........

My problem is other stations. Today I thought it was set right but I started getting the weather. Sometimes it's radio stations. I just want conversation between me and the rider. Wind doesn't bother me, it's just other stations bleeding in.

My problem is other stations. Today I thought it was set right but I started getting the weather. Sometimes it's radio stations. I just want conversation between me and the rider. Wind doesn't bother me, it's just other stations bleeding in.

Will,
You do have your radio volume turned all the way down to mute, right?
your intercom volume has nothing to do with your radio volume.

I didn't realize the radio volume was seperate from the vox volume. No, I didn't do that. Dumb, dumb, dumb! I'll go try that right now. Thanks for the help.

I didn't realize the radio volume was seperate from the vox volume. No, I didn't do that. Dumb, dumb, dumb! I'll go try that right now. Thanks for the help.
You can also set the playback to CD if you don't have anything in it. Also unless you are using the CB, turn it off.

Intercom volume control is only active when intercom is active...same with CB. Even if you're in Com mode, if it's not active, it adjusts the radio volume.

You can view a nice video at: Product Video's - FreeRide Moto Sports
We can not use the VOX because we could not get the setting right. With VOX on the pipes would activate too often, or the stereo would activate alternating on and off. We just use the push to talk button.
We did purchase the Freeride head sets, but they were not comfortable for the wife. She had a hard time keeping them over the ear.
Any way watch the video, it will give a bit of the process to adjust settings on the HD Harmen Karden.

We just returned from a run to Daytona and back and experienced similar issues. Using a Sirius XM plugged into the AUX jack, at highway speeds we were getting cross feed that killed the input signal at times. I can only presume that the cords are actin as an antenna or something similar. Lower speed and it went away; go figure.......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png