2014 Tri-Glide Thread

Re: the 2014 Tri-Glides are water cooled

Just got back from the h-d dealer.They had one trike in & 13 bikes coming in.The trike has a lil reservoir inside both lower fairings.It looked like anti freeze in it.The tour pak is thinner,but wider & a lil longer.The inside does not have the rounded corners.They have led lights so they don't need that space.So that is supposed to add a lil bit more room.Alot of things i missed but,they had quite a few people veiwing it.I got the parts catalog & the screamin eagle catalog,so i'll be able to look later & see whats in there.I read the handle bars were different,but i couldn't really say,i don't remember what my stock bars were like.I know it has alot more to see then what i saw,but like i said,lots of people!
which dealer in IL?

I know I want to test one out with the wife on the back..

Looking at the s/e catalog,if i'm reading it right.Looks like they have a new compensator.Part # 42200064

I do like the look of the new FAIRING with the vent. I have to find out from a Harley Dealer if it will fit my 2010 FHLXXX Street Glide Trike. With the dashboard change ???

I wonder if all the mods as in Trike Lifts, tour pack relocators, Kuryakan armrests and the like are transferrable?

i just turned over 90,000 miles on my old tour glide 80"
:Shrug: Call me strange but i still like it! I also like it's sound!

ThumbUp The air cooled evo with an oil cooler has worked just fine for me for 24 yrs.

:xzqxz:If i wanted a honda i would buy one.

Harley Davidson has been in my Garage all my life and this isn't the first water cooled model Harley ever built, But i will pass thank you!

:xszpv: I understand some heat issues are present on the tri glide, but i would still have to take a regular Harley 103" touring bike and convert it!

:Shrug: Yes, i am a dinosaur, But i am a discriminating dinosaur, And thats about all i can say for it!

View attachment 8816

:10: I want a Harley thats a traditional Harley thank you.

I just read this on another forum. A statement from Harley

A select number of the Project RUSHMORE motorcycles are built around the new Twin Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine. Twin cooling cools the heads around the exhaust ports to deliver at or near peak performance under all operating conditions and temperatures. Higher compression ratio increases efficiency and horsepower. There's also a 110 cubic inch version of this engine available in the CVO™ Limited. We've been building engines for 110 years. And we know from the smiles on the faces of our test riders, there's never been an engine that feels quite this good.

I have been looking at the pics on the MoCo website. To me it appears that they have also raised the rear of the TG. Anyone else notice that?

Re: 2014 Tri-Glides are water cooled :(

I see that extra piece in the compensator kit, makes me wonder if their trying to address the poor lubrication issues with the old style.
My 2011 compensator is starting to clunk a little on start up and when I shut it off. If I have to change it out, I hope this one will take care of the problem. I would like to see the directions for the install before I buy it.

Why not just drop in the V-Rod set up? Someone in Fla has been converting Harley touring to V-Rod engines for some time. My son rode one and said that it was quite a performer and looked factory.

Re: 2014 Harleys WOW! PROJECT RUSHMORE

No, external CD won't work for me - I would have to keep disconnecting everytime I leave the bike.
This is my latest thought.

Half of me wants a new TriGlide and half of me don't.
I like everything except for:

1 The lowers not being able to install speakers
2 No CD player - No CD player - No CD player
3 TP looks smaller in height even though they say it's bigger and will hold 2 helmets, but only if you position them just right.
4 No oil cooler
5 GPS is way too low - will need to take eyes off the road too long
6 Not sure if the Road Zepplin seat will fit
7 The bright red color is gone (?) - online catalog shows a dark red paint - almost maroon.
8 No windshield bag will fit
9 Won't be able to install the TP light guard rails. It is a perfect place/fit to install H-D flag poles instead of clipping them on the lip of the TP.
10 I like to do my own braking thank you - I don't want ABS or the hybred system that is on the new one.

Re: 2014 Harleys WOW! PROJECT RUSHMORE

No, external CD won't work for me - I would have to keep disconnecting everytime I leave the bike.
This is my latest thought.

Half of me wants a new TriGlide and half of me don't.
I like everything except for:

1 The lowers not being able to install speakers
2 No CD player - No CD player - No CD player
3 TP looks smaller in height even though they say it's bigger and will hold 2 helmets, but only if you position them just right.
4 No oil cooler
5 GPS is way too low - will need to take eyes off the road too long
6 Not sure if the Road Zepplin seat will fit
7 The bright red color is gone (?) - online catalog shows a dark red paint - almost maroon.
8 No windshield bag will fit
9 Won't be able to install the TP light guard rails. It is a perfect place/fit to install H-D flag poles instead of clipping them on the lip of the TP.
10 I like to do my own braking thank you - I don't want ABS or the hybred system that is on the new one.

Gary on item 9 you say something about TP light rails? Could you show me the part number for this? Not sure I know what you are talking about?

Rax

Re: 2014 Twin-Cool System Video

The video confirms the fact that there are two big fresh air ducts sending air to the drivers legs and the trikes engine. I had wrongly assumed that had been eliminated when the radiators were added.

The video confirms the fact that there are two big fresh air ducts sending air to the drivers legs and the trikes engine. I had wrongly assumed that had been eliminated when the radiators were added.

Personally, I think this is really going to increase Harley's "New Customer Base".....lota' buzz about the water cooling among Customers that left years ago because of not having it.....ThumbUp

Interesting, those new style air vent boxes don't seem to have a means of closing them off. So, come rain your legs will get soaked and come winter when we normally would close our lower fairings off you'll continue to get freezing cold air coming through the new vents.

I like the idea of having the radiators, but why not one single radiator running down the main frame and leave the lower farings the way they were. There doesn't appear to be a fan behind these twin radiators and frankly the combination of radiator and air vent makes the lower fairings look hugh. Can't say as I care for the look.

Interesting, those new style air vent boxes don't seem to have a means of closing them off. So, come rain your legs will get soaked and come winter when we normally would close our lower fairings off you'll continue to get freezing cold air coming through the new vents.

I like the idea of having the radiators, but why not one single radiator running down the main frame and leave the lower farings the way they were. There doesn't appear to be a fan behind these twin radiators and frankly the combination of radiator and air vent makes the lower fairings look hugh. Can't say as I care for the look.

The air vents can be closed off, its just not shown in the video as its stripped for display to reveal whats inside.

The radiators each have a fan that pulls air through the radiator and directs it to the side into an outlet and into the air stream away from the rider.

harleytwincoolingsystem.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png