2014 Tri-Glide Thread

Re: 2014's discontent in the ranks?

Hmmm, no reason for any of it to leak just because it has it.....I've never had an oil leak or coolant leak on any of the many Hondas I've owned and thousands of miles ridden...as long as Harley engineers the Parts really well, the results should be the same.....

Model T purists said the same about the Model A when it came with a water pump.....Anyone so fond of "Air Cooling" might simply go outside and drain Your Car and/or Truck, then go for a ride....Water Cooled Engines last much longer and run much better than Air Cooled Ones.....it's a sign of the times, and has been too long coming.....;)

I had a coolant leak on a Honda. A bolt head wore a hole in a coolant line. Wasn't a big leak and I was able to get it home by adding water to it every so often.

I haven't seen one personnally, only just what is on the net. I did hear that they (dealers) can't put them out on the floor yet as the official launch is not till Saturday. The national dealers convention just got over with and so some of the dealers are just getting back to their shop. I like what they have done with the TG. The HD site mentions the redesigned batwing fairing and I get the feeling it has been reshaped to some extent. Not sure about the "hood scoop" on it yet. Will have to actually see that in person. The radio upgrade looks great. The beefing up of the front forks/suspension and the brakes has to be possitive. Time will tell on all of this.

2011 Merlot and Black TG

I have not even seen one yet around here.<o:p </o

Has anyone actually rode one yet?<o:p Two or Three wheeler.</o

Dennis<o:p </o

A friend of mine picked his Limited up last night, so I got a close up view of all the new, improved pieces and parts. Pretty damned impressive looking bike. He'd only put about 10 miles on it at that point, but said he could tell some differences already. We'll ride together this weekend and I'll let you know what he thinks. No new trikes have been delivered to the dealership yet. So no, I've not ridden one, but I did spend a night in a Holiday Inn Express.

Just saw my first 2014. Dealer had a Limited and an Ultra. Hadn't been assembled yet.
Looks OK. Service manager said bikes were delivered yesterday and NONE of his service personnel including him have any idea on service proceedures on the water system or any of the new tech. He was a little peeved. Good luck to the first buyers if they encounter any problems.
Manager agreed with me about also needing the oil cooler. He doesn't think just the wethead is enough.

I like the new stuff a lot, but I'm glad there are enough dislikes to justify NOT buying one. Saves me a lot of $$$$$$$

The tiny(and I mean tiny) 4" screen is - well - [size=8pt]TINY[/size]! How anyone will be able to see it will be a miracle. 6.5" is the only way to go.
The door for your I-Pod sure is flimsy. I can see a heavy duty chrome upgrade coming. :wink:

I think the stock mufflers are a lot better then the old (1990's) ones. They are just right. Still louder then any rice burner.
Rhineharts are way too loud especially when the rider wants to announce "HEY! LOOK AT ME" and keeps blipping the throttle at every stoplight. That gets old pretty fast.
Yes it will come to the sound of a Vespa if the politicos have there way and that may not be too long from now - if we don't police ourselves.

When you say "tiny 4" screen", what are you referring to? The GPS/radio screen is really a nice size and bigger than my Garmin Zumo. Maybe you were referring to the guages? The speedometer and tach seem to be quite a bit smaller than past models.

Ok went to my Harley shop last night and looked at the new harley trike
Here is what i seen
It is called a twin cooled motor
Is not cooled with water
It is cooled with Air #1 then it is cooled with oil going to the heads after it hits the Temp. oil is pumped from its own oil tank and cools off the head temp. It is called twin cooled not water looks the same but the lowers have to stay on. and like many thats the frist thing i took off of mine

Twin cooled 2014 tri

Yesterday i went to the harley shop to see the new 2014 trike
Looks nice. As far as being cooled with water that is wrong its is cooled #1 by air as all our trikes are now. Then it is cooled by oil being pumped up to the heads after it gets to a pre set temp.
Has a fan in each lower to cool down the fin,s. no water is used to cool the motor. It is called twin cooled To me it just a add on oil cooler. It hold 1. 2 qt. of oil that has its own tank.The rest of the trike looks great all the new toys us kids like lol. The lowers can not be removed
That the first thing i took off mt 2012 trike needed more leg room
The trike looks great But is about $5 to $6,000 more which means my 2012 is worth more lol.

Re: Twin cooled 2014 tri

You would be the very first person I have heard say that. A Harley tech told me it was "coolant" which suggests water, not oil. The reservoir looks like a water tank not an oil bag.

Re: Twin cooled 2014 tri

I understood it was coolant stored in the lowers, not another oil cooler?
If you watch the RUSHMORE video at the HD site they show some of changes and vid showing new colors. I like all the changes, especially the LEDs front and reaqr! About time on a $30+k bike instead of ripping you off for them later. Like the idea of the foot peddle parking brake and new sounding exhaust. Was thinking about trading up to new trike with two bikes but don't see colors I like better than my 2012. Want to see some info on the new dual cooling first also.

Ok went to my Harley shop last night and looked at the new harley trike

Here is what i seen

It is called a twin cooled motor

Is not cooled with water

It is cooled with Air #1 then it is cooled with oil going to the heads after it hits the Temp. oil is pumped from its own oil tank and cools off the head temp. It is called twin cooled not water looks the same but the lowers have to stay on. and like many thats the frist thing i took off of mine

Bigred

Go back and look at that 2014 Triglide again..

It is in fact air cooled, it is also oil cooled, but it no longer has an oil cooler. The oil cooler has been removed and replaced with an electric water pump. There is a small radiator and fan in each lower. The right hand lower has a small coolant reservoir in it. The forks are increased to 49mm, but I don't know if just the triple tree was changed to accept the 49mm forks or if the frame steering head neck was changed. The front brake is a 3 piston caliper, and its linked to the rear brake. Apply rear brake and one front caliper piston also applies some front brake.

You can apply front brake without any back brake being applied. The headlight, driving lights, taillights are all LED now. I'm not sure about the tourpack lights, although I think they are also LED. Parking brake moved from the right side hand lever to a left side foot lever. New fairing, gauge cluster and radio. Tourpack has been redesigned. New airbox and cam ( Cam is similar to the 255 it looks like based on some various forums discussions) Compression bumped to 10:1, new compensator on all tourers. Triglides, Electraglide limited, and 110CVO electraglide are now using water cooling in the heads.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png