Squeak in conversion kit

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
I had a CSC conversion kit put on my 2004 Wing last November. I've noticed the last few days that when I ride over bumpy roads my kit will Squeak when I am turning. Sometimes when I get off the bike I will get a squeak out of the rear end after it is parked and I move the bike from side to side. Doesn't happen all the time, but it seems to be getting more noticeable. Anyone had this issue and how did you remedy it? I'm thinking about putting it up on a jack and taking some lubricate and just spraying everywhere I can imagine it coming from..

Any experiences like this and what did you do to fix the problem? Thanks in advance

If you take the seat off, you should be able to see both heim joints at either end of the shock. These are not self lubricated and may be where your squeak is coming from. I sprayed mine with Tri-Flow.

Pulled both wheels off and the seat. Sprayed silicone on everything that moved. Squeak is gone but the A channel appears to be hitting the fiberglass. Don't quite know how that could happen since nothing was loosened.

I have a 2010 CSC I call it squeaky. I spray it will kroil oil since CSC don't have any grease zerks on any part of the kit. When I spray it,it last about 2 months. I know what my next trike will not be :Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

I found out that the problem is with the tension on the shock rod ends. CSC has been great about it. It is a warranteed item and they cover it for three yrs or 50,000 mile from date of purchase. They even called my installer before I could get back to him. Once I silicone sprayed the ends it disappeared. That may work for 100 miles, or a 1000 or who knows, but if it comes back too often I know it will be covered. That fact is reassuring.

I have a 2010 CSC I call it squeaky. I spray it will kroil oil since CSC don't have any grease zerks on any part of the kit. When I spray it,it last about 2 months. I know what my next trike will not be :Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

I just had both rear tires off my CSC and noticed 4 grease zerts on each side. Mine is 08 model.

I'm told that the newer models do not have grease fittings. Might be good if they had kept them, although if the problem is with the shock rod end, fittings probably wouldn't help. I'm just glad I found the issue and that CSC will cover it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png