Ease of entry and exit

Never gotten in one, but I have observed people who will never be doing a "Dukes Of Hazzard leap through window" get in the Stallions with no difficulty at all.

We test rode a stallion a few years ago and found it difficult to get in and out. First you have to get over the body sill, then there is the transmissoin hump down the middle to contend with. At the Eureka Springs TT rally there was a blue Stallion with a servo acuated door on the right side. Was way cool, and helped the rider get in easier. (Ray- thoughts and pictures, maybe?) Still have to get over the etransmission hump/seat.

As far as getting on the 'Wing - a little TT board history and a great example of how folks on this board can build upon an idea and expand it to help others:

In January of 2009 Mr. Wizard started a thread on kicking fenders when mounting up on a trike, and I added -

As far as getting on the rig, it is taller and wider than the Harley, so I step up on the rider footpeg to gain some height before the leg goes over. And I just can't thorw a leg over like on the 2 wheeler, I sort of step over the lowest part of the seat in front of the backrest. My wife gets on by facing the front of the trike, grabbing a bar, puts her right foot on the left riders peg, steps back with the left foot onto the passenger peg to step up and sit sidesaddle on the rear seat. She then swings her leg forward over the folded backrest. If she's not peeved at me she will fold it up so I can get on. It sounds a lot more involved than it is. I've tried it, and backing onto the rear seat is the easiest way to get on around the fenders.

Then Mr. Wizard inproved on it and broke it down into easy to do steps -

First is to get on the trike so you can ride so... For me it was how to get on and off without kicking the fenders.

I can't remember who told me this but it was someone from this site and I've been asked why I mount that way even by dealer salesmen. Now they are teaching the new owners of the Tri Glide this way. It's funny how a good suggestion goes a very long way.

So, thank you to whom ever you are! :yes:
To Mount a Trike:
1. Put down the passenger floor boards.
2. From the left side of your trike step on your front floor board or peg with your right foot.
3. Hold on to your left grip with your left hand.
4. Stand up on your right foot and step back with your left foot placing it on the passenger floor board.
5. Place your right hand on the right grip.
6. With the weight on your left foot, lift your right foot up and over the tank/seat.
7. Place your right foot on the right front floor board and take your seat.

To dismount:
1. Reverse your process above but the first move is to put your left heal/foot on the passenger floor board.
2. Stand up holding on to both grips.
3. Lift your right foot over the tank/seat and walk off the trike.

For the Passenger:
1. The Passenger gets on first and off last.
2. Follow the same rules for mounting the trike except the passenger holds on to the sissy bar or tour pack instead of the grips.
3. Passenger places right foot on right passenger floor board and takes a seat. Passenger will adjust for the riders backrest by stepping over it or laying it forward.
4. Passenger dismounts in a similar fashion and walks off the trike.

Again, thank you for this lesson. It has saved many hours of buffing and scratch repair since I have metal tips toe tips on my riding boots!

And then, John Luciano ran with it and made a video -

1 video is worth a 1,000,000 words

Getting onto a TRIKE motorcycle - YouTube

YouTube - Getting onto a TRIKE motorcycle

Sometimes a video doesn't show on my work computer - if that happens click on the full screen icon and it should be visable.
Yeah, this is a bit long, but I hope it helps.

I have a Stallion and I will say that it is a little harder getting on one than the Goldwing I had. It's just like everything else you will find the best way for you to get on a Stallion. I put my left leg in the left side of the drivers compartment and then swing my right leg over. Other than putting you left leg in first I don't see much difference than on my old Goldwing. Getting off is the challenge for me, I normally stand up and put both feet inside the left side of the Stallion(Size 12) and then back out left leg first. I have seen people get on Stallions everyway imagineable. I just had knee surgery and I am having a little problem getting on and off but as much as I like my Stallion I will find a way to get out and enjoy the roads. pepper

My wife and I totally loved our stallion, but we both have bad knees and found it extremely difficult and pain full entering and exiting the machine.
We ended up selling it after owning it for two months. :gah:

Goldwing trike is much easier to mount. We had an 09 Stallion for 6 months in 2009, broke down every time we left home, so it soon got a new home and we are on GW trike again.

I can only say as a disabled Vet needing two knees and one hip replacement , I can and do get in it .Mind you not easy ,but I do get in it. I tried many way but what works for me is holding the steering wheel form the left side. stepping up on the side rail left foot then placing right foot in on the left side then lifting left foot in and then stepping over center. when feeling bad , most days I can hold steering wheel with left hand and put left foot in first ( not using the step and stepping all the way in with my left foot ) with driver's back rest folded down then step over the center with my right ,note I have done this way from both sides depending on the day which side I was able to lift my leg in to the in side, but yes it does tae time and practice to find which arm and leg works best for you. My biggest learning curve ,was left foot braking. As a driving instructor as well as a MSF instructor for more than 25 years I use to fail students braking with their left foot in cars , but as we all know that's a must on the Stallion ,but then there always hand brakes if they can put it in cars , it could be put in a Stallion...Doc

Learning how to get on your Stallion does take some practice. I always approach mine from the left side.
Facing forward, I put my right foot over the side and onto the floor. Grabbing the steering wheel, I then bring my left foot over the side and onto the floor, in front of the right foot. I then step over the tunnel with my right foot and sit. I just reverse it when exiting. I do find that you have to put both feet rearward and pull up, holding the steering wheel, to stand.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png