Got a 2014 Triglide

May 25, 2011
Griffin, Ga USA
I picked up a 2014 Triglide last Friday (Traded in my 2011 Triglide). WOW, it's a whole new Triglide. Less heat coming from engine even when stopped in traffic than with my 011 with the cat removed, aftermarket mufflers, and retuned. It rides better than my 2011 with a Legends air setup. Clearance from bottom of mufflers to ground is the same as my 011 with a 1 1/4 shock lift. Less turbulence behind the fairing than my o11 with a bunch of after market air dams. Radio / GPS is incredible.

Glad that you guys like your new Tri-Glide! Here's to many happy miles and trips! Why not plan on coming down to Daytona next Janurary for the "Snowbird Reunion", we'd love to see you ThumbUp

Congratulations!

I'm so glad that Harley is moving in the right direction in the trike market. I think the new motor improvements should take away a lot of rider complaints.

Does it come with the GPS or is that an option? CB is an option not standard anymore?

We have a 2014 ordered, dealer said they have a vin# so it should be in soon.

GPS is standard, CB is an option.
Have you done any long rides?
How does your passenger compare it to the older trike for comfort etc.
How is the heat from the right side? on a scale from 1-10 compared to the older trikes.
How do you like the new controls etc.

I can't think of one thing that I'm not pleased with, with the 2014. I have placed my hand between my right leg and the engine while driving, having gone over 100 mi, and the temperature was just barely above ambient air temp. I can feel some heat when idling in traffic, it's not uncomfortable (I live in Georgia). On the first two tanks of gas I got 34 MPG. My Wife says she has more room & likes the stock seat better than the HD air adjustable seat we had on the 011. The cruise control is real steady.

I have had a couple of Goldwings and Ultraglides over the past years, none have come close to how smooth the ride is with this trike.

If I can help with anything else, please let me know.
Al G

I can't think of one thing that I'm not please with, with the 2014. I have placed my hand between my right leg and the engine while driving, having gone over 100 mi, and the temperature was just barely above ambient air temp. I can feel some heat when idling in traffic, it's not uncomfortable (I live in Georgia). On the first two tanks of gas I got 34 MPG. My Wife says she has more room & likes the stock seat better than the HD air adjustable seat we had on the 011. The cruse control is real steady.

I have had a couple of Goldwings and Ultraglides over the past years, none have come close to how smooth the ride is with this trike.

Al G

I can't think of one thing that I'm not please with, with the 2014. I have placed my hand between my right leg and the engine while driving, having gone over 100 mi, and the temperature was just barely above ambient air temp. I can feel some heat when idling in traffic, it's not uncomfortable (I live in Georgia). On the first two tanks of gas I got 34 MPG. My Wife says she has more room & likes the stock seat better than the HD air adjustable seat we had on the 011. The cruse control is real steady.

Al G

You didn't install the Road Zepplin seat on the new trike???
Have you done any 4/500 mile trips yet to verify if it's better?
Can't imagine a stock seat or ANY seat being better then the RZ seat.

From what I've read, the seat will fit the 2014"s

On the Tri Glide, Electra Glide LImited and CVO Ultra they have moved the tour pack back approx 2 inches. They increased seat width and rear pinion is about inch longer for better passenger comfort. They also lowered the rear engine/bag guard so the passenger leg no longer resting on it. The rear speakers are pushed out also, so the passenger has more room..

I suggest you do a demo ride with a passenger and let me know if the Road Zepplin is better in your opinion. I'm sure the 14 stock seat is more comfortable for me and my Wife (750 mi so far), but that's my opinion, and you know about opinions and a certain body part everyone has.

Does the 2014 trike have heated grips standard?
No dealer in our area has a trike yet, we saw an Ultra Limited with heated grips, so thought maybe the trike had them too.

thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png