vtx 1300 with motortrike kit

we are looking at a 2002 Honda vtx / motortrike kit. it has 4027 miles on it. they are asking 12999. is this a good deal? is the 1300 big enough to have trike kit? I will be riding solo , as hubby will ride triglide. it has fender bras and mustache highwaybar. Beautiful bike. and sounds gooooood. it fits me better than the triglide as I am 5 foot. thanks for your input .

This sounds nice. Would your trike kit be the complete rebuild so no back wheel eccept for the two in back or a trike kit keeping the motorcycle 2nd wheel?
I went on motorcycle trader to do all comparisons including mileage and trike kits on the bikes I saw there before I made my decision.
The milage and price sounds competitive to me.
cooltech:cool:

We have a 2007 VTX1300 with a Champion kit set up for my 5'6" wife. Plenty of power and lots of space in the trunk. The biggest change was to add pull back risers to get the grips further back.

Don't know about down in the States so much, but here a good used vtx 1300 runs between $5000 and $7000... to put a motortrike kit on...about $7500 (look at their site) and another $900 for labor.
http://motortrike.com/trikeVTX.aspx
Any added options? So, sounds to me like you could buy the bike you want and add the trike kit (brand new) and still be around that price, so... how much do you like this particular trike because I think it's not a real bargin...just the high end of new/fair market value. Are you any good at dickering?... (maybe get the price down). As far as power, from what I've heard they (vtx1300s) are adequate for highway speeds, especially for someone your size, unless Hubby likes to really push it. JMHO, But I also think they are a cool looking bike/trike...but then I may be biased.;)

We have a 2007 VTX1300 with a Champion kit set up for my 5'6" wife. Plenty of power and lots of space in the trunk. The biggest change was to add pull back risers to get the grips further back.
If it is built around the "C" model, you would also need new handlebars, to go with the risers...I would recommend handlebars that fit the "R" model to go with the risers. The only down side is that you may need new front brake lines (longer) as well....I'm not that familiar with the 1300, but, I did the same thing with my 1800, and it worked well. If the trike is built around the "R" model, then your work is already half done.

It is a beautiful trike, but I do think they are too high on the price. our independant mechanic says it would be ok. but I would lose horsepower ( i have been riding the triglide) which is ok as long as I can keep up on the interstate, but I also lose the cruise control. I am concerned about a 2002 with only 4027 miles, like how long has it been sitting? is there anything that could go wrong from not being ridden? I like it but it is not really "calling to me" so I am thinking we might keep looking. Hubby is getting close to the point where he is going to have to give up his two wheels. We both ride the trike. So two trikes in the garage may be in the future. If he cant ride his fatboy before we find another trike , then we will just have to share.

I have a 2007 VTX 1300 with a MotorTrike kit. Purchased 2011 with 1700 miles. PM me your number if you would like to pick my brain. I'd be happy to call you tomorrow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png