Triking My Ultra

I'll now have to get in the habit of using the compression releases and those little devils look like they'll get pretty hot being nestled in there next to the spark plugs. Maybe I'll steal Betty's thimble......:yes:

I normaly wear gloves so when I push in the releases on my 06 Ultra I don't get burned. I did once get in a hurry at a gas station and push the releases in without gloves, I missed the release and was rewarded with a blister.

Called the Dealer today and learned the kit arrived Thursday afternoon and they started work on it yesterday. Should be done next Thursday barring any unforseen problems. I'm going over next Tuesday just to look at it and drool!!! Haven't felt like this since Christmas as a kid!!

GreyDod
You will love it, just got me new Big Red Sled a couple of weeks ago, it is alot of fun.

Had the Champion reverse put on it, it is so kool to just back up lol.
Will be a 103 soon with 255 cams, am sure it will be all it needs, really does not run bad with the stock 96 now.Just waiting on the new ThunderMax tuner for the Thottle by wire bikes.

Put a C-Baily's wndshield on it made a big difference as well.

I had 5 degree trees from Kewl Metals put on it as well, steers great, no head shake at all.

Ordering new Mustang seat and back rest on Monday knew the stock would not work but had to try lol.
Searching for new handle bars now as well the stock bars suck.

Am sure you will happy and glad when it all done.
Mike

GreyDod
You will love it, just got me new Big Red Sled a couple of weeks ago, it is alot of fun.

Had the Champion reverse put on it, it is so kool to just back up lol.
Will be a 103 soon with 255 cams, am sure it will be all it needs, really does not run bad with the stock 96 now.Just waiting on the new ThunderMax tuner for the Thottle by wire bikes.

Put a C-Baily's wndshield on it made a big difference as well.

I had 5 degree trees from Kewl Metals put on it as well, steers great, no head shake at all.

Ordering new Mustang seat and back rest on Monday knew the stock would not work but had to try lol.
Searching for new handle bars now as well the stock bars suck.

Am sure you will happy and glad when it all done.
Mike

Those 255 Cams increase the torque in the lower RPM range where you need it on a Trike. I'm thinking the only other thing I'll be doing is changing the compensator later on down the road. I haven't done enough research on that yet to make an informed decision. I had a Two-up Mustang seat on my "98 Shadow 1100. Made it a lot more comfortable for both the passenger and me....I think you'll like it!!

GreyDod
Getting the same Mustang seat I had on my 2002 Ultra, sticking with what I know on the seat.
And the wife liked it, she hates the HD Sundowner seat.
Mike

We all do our part to stimulate the economy with our toys;)$$$$$$$$$

For a while, it seemed like I had to have something new for the bike every month.

As was said earlier, they are a work in progress.

Greywolf, take a couple pics with your cell phone and send them out to us:D

Went to visit my bike again yesterday. Almost done!! This was the first time I've ever seen an actual Champion kit and it's more than I expected. The frame is really well constructed, fiberglass is much thicker than I expected and the paint matches exactly and is flawless. The guys at the shop are doing a super professional job of installing it as well!! I was talking to one of the mechanics and mentioned Nana and the Trike Talk Forum. He said, "Oh yeah!!....I know her, her trike is the first photo in our album out on the counter!!" Then he reached into the lid of his tool chest and handed me a Trike Talk business card!!! Betcha can't guess what the photo on it was?? He said they had about another half day of work on my trike and she's done!! Hope I can pick it up tomorrow.... if so, it's gonna be a great weekend!! :yes::D

Hey Greydog... when you go back tell Ben and all his crew hello from me :)

Will do!! I'm leaving here in about a half hour to pick up the Trike!! The total cost came in at $400 less than the estimate including engine work and Kit!! Supposed to be nice this weekend so I plan to put some miles on it!!

Will do!! I'm leaving here in about a half hour to pick up the Trike!! The total cost came in at $400 less than the estimate including engine work and Kit!! Supposed to be nice this weekend so I plan to put some miles on it!!

That is one of the things I appreciate about Ben..... He never charges more than actual services rendered. If time is shorter than the estimate, then charges are for a lesser time. Honest as the day is long. Gotta love that!

Well, the Copperhead is back home at last and she's BEAUTIFUL!! I only put about 50 miles on her today and to say the least the riding is different but, for lack of a better word, pleasant. I'm totally happy with it and as my skills improve I'll be even happier. Gotta get the "feel" of it as I tend to oversteer coming out of curves and understeer going in and West Virginia roads are crooked. I also tend to counter steer when first taking off like on a two wheeler but that will cease with experience. Plenty of power and the ride is more comfortable than the same bike on two wheels. I'll post some photos tomorrow....it's almost dark now and I have her on the battery tender 'cause the battery ran down a lot while she was sitting in the shop.

Nana, I relayed your regards to the "crew" at Baxters and they asked me to tell Ya HEY!!

GreyDog, I have had two trikes including the 09 TriGlide, which I have now. I wish I had triked out long ago. Love It. My wife does to. However I am 68 years old so I guess it was just time. Been riding Harleys for over 50 years.
Bill

Same here Bill, love the Trike!!! I'm 65 and still feel comfortable on two wheels riding one up but always worried about dropping it with Betty on the back. The whole riding experience is a lot better now that I don't worry about that and three wheels make for a stable platform even in the twisties.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png