Hmmmm...probably a stupid question

I put a floor jack under my CSC to remove my tires today. Did that to remove my aqua shields for painting. I put the jack dead center at the hitch location and jacked it up. Back right tire came way up while other tire stayed down. Why didn't both raise up? I figure it has something to do with suspension but not sure. First time under the trike since I bought it in June so not real familiar with it. Glad I did because I was considering the driveshaft fix from Mountaintrikes and found out mine had already been welded. Thanks to any replys!

I raise my Hannigan with a floor jack under differential and use jack stands. Since the differential is in original drive shaft position, the differential is off center to the right. So when you jack it up it will lean to the left NO PROBLEM. You can lift the left wheel easily while it is in the air (rotating on the floor jack) and slide the jack stand under the frame, left side. Then put right jack stand at same height and lower the bike down on the jack stands. I engage the front brake while jacking by tie wrapping the brake handle over the throttle. This way the bike won't move forward while jacking and slip off jack stands.<br />
<br />
My opinion I won't use the hitch location! Just nto sure it would support the weight, safely! I would jack under the differential. I don't remember where the placement of CSC differential.

Finally, for some reason your trike is weighted to the side that didn't lift; like above.<br />
<br />
Ride safe<br />
Nuc

just a little note. I drilled a hole threw the ball shape on my brake handle and ran a piece of leather strip threw it and tied it in a loop to the point that it would just fit over the throttle while pulling the brake tight, I use it as a extra brake while parked on inclines and such. I left the string strips a little longer and added some colored beads just to dress it up .

just a little note. I drilled a hole threw the ball shape on my brake handle and ran a piece of leather strip threw it and tied it in a loop to the point that it would just fit over the throttle while pulling the brake tight, I use it as a extra brake while parked on inclines and such. I left the string strips a little longer and added some colored beads just to dress it up .
I think I might borrow/steal that idea since my CSC does not have a parking brake. ThumbUp

Even if you jack up a car under the differential it will be off balance a little. The axils being so short make balancing under the differential hard to do, it's not exactly center and weight isn't always perfect. If you really need to get both sides up you may have to pu a bottle jack under the low side so you can get the jack stands under it.

Thanks for the replies. I had no problem jacking up using the hitch location. It held just fine. I carry some heavy duty zip ties in my trunk for a parking brake. If I have to park somewhere on an incline I just pull one out and secure the front brake then cut when ready to leave.

I carry a Velcro strap with me just in case I need to do that. In the 4+ years I have had the TG only once did I use it. I removed the parking brake the first year. It was more problems than it was worth.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png