Heavy Duty Sway Bar for Roadsmith Trikes

Hey guys I don't normally rave about certain products , But if you own a Roadsmith trike tired of that uneasy feeling when you go into a curve . I was having a problem with trike having body role to outside of curve. I had the shocks stiffened up and this took care of some of it.I told my problem to the Roadsmith rep at Wingding he said put the heavy duty sway bar and it would stop the body role.I had this installed at Tonys Trikes were I bought my trike you would not believe the difference in handling .When you go thru curves it sets FLAT gives you a better feel of the trike . Ride Safe Greg Christian

How can you tell by looking if my bought used RS has has or not have the optional sway bar already? Trike really handles great on curves much flatter then my modified Spyder ever did.

How can you tell by looking if my bought used RS has has or not have the optional sway bar already? Trike really handles great on curves much flatter then my modified Spyder ever did.

Measure diameter of yours, contact Roadsmith. They will tell you what you have.

Stock sway bar is 5/8" diameter & high performance is 3/4" diameter. Yes, you can switch them without removing the body. It's WELL worth the $$ & effort to swap over to the high performance. I've been running the high performance sway bar for almost 2 years. What a difference!!!

Naug

Stock sway bar is 5/8" diameter & high performance is 3/4" diameter. Yes, you can switch them without removing the body. It's WELL worth the $$ & effort to swap over to the high performance. I've been running the high performance sway bar for almost 2 years. What a difference!!!

Naug

That recommendation caused me to contact Roadsmith today to request information about ordering one! pepper

Thank you!

Konrad

Why don't you just call them (800) 331-0705? I'm going to measure mine and see what I have. If I don't have the larger sway bar I'll order one. I'll call them and talk to Taylor.

Konrad

Why don't you just call them (800) 331-0705? I'm going to measure mine and see what I have. If I don't have the larger sway bar I'll order one. I'll call them and talk to Taylor.

Good question - deserves an answer. I'm too deaf to use a phone for anything but texting.

I just triked mine and had the HD swaybar option added to the conversion.
Since I don't have anything to compare it to, I can't give a qualified response.
However, I will say this: it sure seems to stay flat in the corners...even two up!!
The steering is super sensitive but I love how it handles the corners...at least so far.

Ordered one after reading this thread. Greg thanks for recommending it.

Installed it approx. 2 weeks past and took a 3 day trip to the Ozarks in Arkansas this past weekend.

WHAT A GREAT DIFFERENCE!!! On an average can take curves 7-10 miles per hr. faster than before, plus the trike runs flat through the curves. Have to say that the ride is a bit stiffer than before, however the trikes handles soooo much better. Reduce the preload spring and it softened the ride.

I'm a believer that the HD sway bar is worth the money and effort to install (which was very easy).

Happy riding Roadsmith Trikers.

Definitely worth the money. Had it put in during my conversion. No regrets and very performance ride feeling
in tight turns, like the Dragon .. Hangs right in there ...

Bought my first Roadsmith in May 2013. Had a MT and a Champion before the Roadsmith. Wanted a softer ride. I do not have the adjustable suspension on my Roadsmith, but I do have the HD swaybar. The ride is not what I hoped for, but I don't want to change the swaybar as I do like the flatter ride in corners. I do not ride hard, but don't like feeling I am going to tip over either. My only adjustment is the shocks preload and they are at softest setting and we don't seem to bottom out with them there, so that about best we can do. bigred06 need to change name as the Roadsmith is silver 13:)

Got about 600 miles on the HD sway bar and still loving it.

When I ride with my son who rides a performance bike and my wife is not with me,

I can almost keep up with him thru the corners. He commented that the trike was cornering much different than in previous years.

just sayin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png