RECALLS: M&P Shields & Springfield Armory XD-S

Sent mine in August 31st, Hope to have it back soon. Scheduled to take training in Concealed carry classes Nov.16th and 17th. Would have liked to Qualify with it, but probably will have to use another gun.

Had an XD 45 Tactical as well. Great weapon for a sidearm (the "Tactical" label is quite fitting) but double-stacks don't make the best large caliber CCW's. Still, wish I would have kept it as well.
On the recall, Yep, it's a pain and inconvenient and I don't like being without it either but,,,
IF the issue existing was real-I believe it was then they did what they HAD to do both for liability and as an Ethical Manufacturer of weapons with a Moral obligation to their Clients and the population in general. I got absolutely NO problem whatsoever putting one or several rounds in anyone that deserves it and/or any situation where lethal force is due and warranted.
However, causing physical harm, maiming, or death to anyone due to a spontaneous unexpected/unintended discharge upon clambering of a round,,,, THAT I would rather not have to live with. Neither would the victim.
Recall a pain? Inconvenient? Frustrating? Absolutely. But, definitely one I can accept and live with a helluva lot better than the alternative. I ain't preaching to the Choir or tsk tsk'ing anybody. Just saying.... Put in proper perspective it's not a big deal at all.

I'm happy they are taking care of it, I don't think any less of the company. I've dealt with many recalls in my life since owning Harley Davidson's:Angel:. I know I will be glad to get it back since I have grown fond of carrying it, its my go to CCW weapon.

Went out today to find my replacement for the XDS. Took my Walther PPK in .380, Para Ordinance PDA in .45 Auto, and a nine shot Taurus in .22 for fun. Going out to the country to shoot, I remembered My .40 Sig 229 and my .357 Rossi with 6 in. barrel and my Berretta 92F in 9mil. should have went with me.
The PDA won the first round with better sites and ease of trigger pull. Rain in the forecast for the next three days so probably will have to do the others later in the week. Miss my XDS.

I got the much awaited email, my baby is coming home. I got tracking and an invoice, on the invoice is a free 7 round extended mag with coverspepper. According to the tracking I should have it Tuesday.

Congratulations msocko3. Still waiting on mine. Sent mine in on Aug.31st. Hope to get it soon. Would have liked to use it on Illinois concealed carry mandatory training the 16th and 17th, but I don't think that will happen.

Fedex delivered my toy this afternoon, and yes it did come with a free 7 round magpepper. I'll have to pull it apart for a quick inspection and then put some rounds through it some time soon.

Got my shipping notice a little while ago. Says delivery on Thursday. Packing list didn't show any free magazine. Have to shoot it on Friday so I can take it to concealed carry class on the weekend.pepper
P.S. Found packing list and it does have a magazine.

Went by Cabela's today looking for a .40 or .45. At least three people asked about the XDS while I was there. Cabela's had to send every one of theirs back. Thinking now I'll just stick with the .380 and hope I never have cause to throw down on someone.

Good news Wizard & Rod ThumbUp
Glad it will make it back in time for your CCW training.

In the grand scheme, just a little hiccup. Don't regret the decision or the ownership of my XDs in the least. Actually, after having seen and been through this type deal, even more happy with my decision on SA (again) and the XDs. Said before, Crap Happens. It Will... When it does, it's the Solution (and enaction thereof) that counts and speaks for the experience and defines the day. Not the Issue/Crap itself. To me anyway. Doesn't affect what the XDs is in any way. It was/is an awesome Weapon in all regards and by any measure. In hindsight when all is said and done, wouldn't change a thing or decide any differently.

Now,,, Where the hell is my return notification email !!!! :D
just joking

Good news Wizard & Rod ThumbUp
Glad it will make it back in time for your CCW training.

In the grand scheme, just a little hiccup. Don't regret the decision or the ownership of my XDs in the least. Actually, after having seen and been through this type deal, even more happy with my decision on SA (again) and the XDs. Said before, Crap Happens. It Will... When it does, it's the Solution (and enaction thereof) that counts and speaks for the experience and defines the day. Not the Issue/Crap itself. To me anyway. Doesn't affect what the XDs is in any way. It was/is an awesome Weapon in all regards and by any measure. In hindsight when all is said and done, wouldn't change a thing or decide any differently.

Now,,, Where the hell is my return notification email !!!! :D
just joking

That's cool but after owning three XD's and still owning two I'll probably look elsewhere for any next purchase. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Got the XDS back this morning. Going to go test it this afternoon. Spreading your money around is good for the economy. The bad thing is don't have much to spread around. Bullet has the right idea. Never hurts to try something else.

Hey,, I got nothing against change unless it's Obama's.... :D

Got email just now. It's headed home. Think it'll sleep with it the first few nights. Don't tell the Wife ;)

Got mine today. Since I didn't mail mine to them in the gun case (bubble wrapped mine) they send it back in a single pistol case. Got the extended mag also... don't care for it AT ALLLLL. :gah:

I got the pistol for it's size. The extended mag will pinch your ring finger and it just feels weird. Hope you guys like yours.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png