RECALLS: M&P Shields & Springfield Armory XD-S

Got mine in the single black case also with the extended mag. Shot it this afternoon. Tried the extended mag. in practice. It was passible for practice but want the smaller ones for carry. Shot really well after I figured out I was dropping the front a little, leveled it off and knocked the center out of the target.

Rod

See if a hollow point jams during chambering with the extended mag please. Mine did right off the bat with a Hornady round. Had to pull the mag before it would unjam. Happens every time. It never did that before and still won't with the stock mag.

Got mine today. Since I didn't mail mine to them in the gun case (bubble wrapped mine) they send it back in a single pistol case. Got the extended mag also... don't care for it AT ALLLLL. :gah:

I got the pistol for it's size. The extended mag will pinch your ring finger and it just feels weird. Hope you guys like yours.

:Agree: I bought mine for the more compact size, if I want more grip length and capacity I carry my Kimber. I'll use the extended mag for practice since I use FMJ ammo for punching holes in paper.

No issues with the Ext. Mag. I use it when packing around the Farm and other non-CCW situations. Put it on local Craigslist. Those retail for about $35 so should be easy to get $20-$25 NIB no tax. Buy you a box of Hornadys ThumbUp

The kids tell me a Zombie Apocalypse is coming and need all the weapons and ammo/mags we can get.
I tell them it's already here and not nice calling Obama a Zombie :D
Offensive to Zombies :laugh:

P.s. Never tried HP's in the Ext. Will check that out and chime in after. Have fired several FMJ & leadhead Ball ammo with no issues. Functioned well with those. We shall see.

Mr. Wizard, Will try the hollow points. Just used hardball practicing. Did have one round nose not fully seat with the extended mag. I'll see today if they work right. Will be later today have to take the wife to pick up her watch at the jewelry store in Evansville. Hundred and forty mile round trip. Maybe Veritas44 can beat me to it and verify your problem. Probably will use the extended mag for practice only.

No issues with the Ext. Mag. I use it when packing around the Farm and other non-CCW situations. Put it on local Craigslist. Those retail for about $35 so should be easy to get $20-$25 NIB no tax. Buy you a box of Hornadys ThumbUp

The kids tell me a Zombie Apocalypse is coming and need all the weapons and ammo/mags we can get.
I tell them it's already here and not nice calling Obama a Zombie :D
Offensive to Zombies :laugh:

P.s. Never tried HP's in the Ext. Will check that out and chime in after. Have fired several FMJ & leadhead Ball ammo with no issues. Functioned well with those. We shall see.

I put some rounds through mine today, everything functions just as it should. I punch paper with FMJ and use Hornady Critical Defense or TAP for carry. I ran several mags of extended and the 5 shot mag using FMJ in both slow and rapid fire. I then cycled a 5 round with a 6th top off round of Critical Defense through it rapid fire with no cycling issues. I then did the same, extended mag with an 8th top off round rapid fire, no failures.

It could be the Critical Defense and the TAP both have an elastomer plug in the hollow point which makes it look like a solid:Shrug:.

I just got back from dinner where I carried my XDS for the 1st time since getting it back, felt like that favorite slipperpepper.

Took mine to the range today and wasted a box of 50. No issues chambering and no hang ups. Drew a nice pumpkin face from 15'. ThumbUp

Don't know what the problem was but it's gone now. I used the extended mag and just didn't like it. Going to toss it back in the case.

Sorry Wizard didn't get to the woods today. Took longer in Evansville than we thought. Then had to see about my Mother-in-Law in the Nursing home. Sounds like you, msocko3, and Veritas44 put the mags thru their paces. Start classes in the morning @8:00. I hate school:gah:

Shot today in Concealed Carry Classes. Qualified with the XDs. Shot pretty well. A lot of class mates hadn't ever seen an XDs. For Mr. Wizard, shot some defense loads in the extended Mags. Shot ok and didn't have any problems.pepper

Mine arrived Tues night about 7pm. Nice little hard case and Ext Mag in tow. Thanks SA ThumbUp
Won't try it until Sunday afternoon as Deer Season still in and don't fire any rounds during Season here at Aequitas Gun & Game Reserve unless there is a future meal or deserving Hot-Lead injection recipient at the other end.
Will update after reacquainting and testing.

I unsubscribed to the notices Springfield was sending out. The next day (about 24 hours later) I got an email saying it had shipped. I'll never know if unsubscribing got em off their ass and on their feet or if they got her done sooner. Wasn't suppose to get it till around Christmas.

I unsubscribed to the notices Springfield was sending out. The next day (about 24 hours later) I got an email saying it had shipped. I'll never know if unsubscribing got em off their ass and on their feet or if they got her done sooner. Wasn't suppose to get it till around Christmas.

I guess Christmas is coming early:).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png