Water cooling does work!

Jan 1, 2010
Exeter, RI USA
Weekend riding through the New England area this entire weekend (RI, MA, CT, NH, VT, and NY) on the 11 HD Trike. There were isolated thunderstorms all weekend long and some cloud bursts were substantial. When the sun was out it was hot and sticky and the oil temperature gauge would read above 240 or 250 when stopped at a light in a small town... then you would ride through one of the cloud bursts and the oil gauge would read around 180. Running through one major down pour (that closed some local roads) the oil temperature gauge went all the way down to 110. So I guess the water cooling method has some merit. By the way... an A+++ on the Harley rain jacket and pants, stayed bone dry the entire trip.

We did have major down pours here in NH. Glad you visited our state, and sorry the weather was not great for riding. Come back when the weather is better and you can really enjoy the riding, instead of worrying about the rain.
Glad you had a safe trip!

Regards,

Rosy & Janice
From NH

Ditto on he Harley Rain Suits! Living in SoCal wife and I have never owned rain gear. We don't get thunder showers here. On our ride through Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming they were forecasting rain and showers so we stopped at Coos Bay Oregon Harley and bought rain suits. Saved ourselves several good soakings!

Funny. The one time I sprung for an HD 1-piece rain suit 2000 miles from home, it turned out to have a defect in the exact one spot you wouldn't want a leak. On close inspection, it was just poorly made.

I bought their Gortex rain gear, its the most comfortable gear I've owned. I've ridden for days in the rain and never got wet, nice thing is the Gortex breaths which keeps me from feeling clammy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png