2014 Tri Glide Production Delay

Sep 4, 2013
Hollister, MO
We traded our 2011 SG for a 2014 Tr Glide Myst. Red Sunglo and Blackened Cayene on 8-24. It had a ship date of 9-3. We got a call from our dealer and said they just recieved a notice that all triglides shipments were being delayed 3 to 4 wks. There is a slight chance that ours could have already been built and is in transit. They hope to find out more today or tomorrow. They had no idea what caused the delay. Said usually when this happens it's a part delay. Oh well, it will be worth the wait.

Yes, I was pretty bummed out when I heard about the delay. Just hope it's not delayed more that 4 wks., as October riding in the Ozarks is the best. At least I still have my SG which has been an awesome bike. My test ride of the 2014 Tri Glide was awesome. A whole new ride experience.

We were up in Reno for the holiday week-end (on our Trikes of coarse) and stopped by Reno HD - they had a black '14 on the showroom floor-very nice but their asking price of 38 thou + sure turned ME off. My local dealer here in CA just called me this moring to let me know they have one in now also (no price quote).
Pete
ThumbUp

38K..I thought they started at 32K..I think I will wait for the Newness to wear off before I even consider a 2014..starting to remind me of the early 90's when they were all jacking up the prices..

Here's the breakdown on our pricing: $33,889 two tone color, $856 Freight, $130 Dealer Prep, Total $34,885. Then they gave us $500 off for being an existing customer...OTD $34,385 plus 10% off anything, except labor, for as long as we own the bike. Our dealer is Denny's Harley Davidson, Springfield, MO. Awesome folks to deal with.

My dealer Harley Haven, Irmo, SC had one that sold today. I did have a look while they were doing the delivery go over. Sure looked good, I think the lower fairings look fine with the radiators. I think all the 2014 changes are a big plus.

WOW I'm looking at these prices and being fairly new to Harley's, buying a trike isn't like buying a car. Not much wiggle room. May be when the newness goes does the pricing will follow. May be the room to negotiate isn't there as much as a car. It seems to me a 10% discount wouldn't be that much to ask for.

Just got a call from our dealer...they talked to the factory and were given a 9-10 ship date. Based on this, my sales guy is coordinating with service to get my goodies installed as soon as it arrives. Hope to have it in time for Bikes, Blues and BBQ.

Production delays quite often means they found something REALLY wrong, and need to stop so they can fix.
Not sure I would want a bike or a toaster built BEFORE the problem was found.
Better ask a LOT of questions before you take possession.

Got a call this morning from my sales guy. He talked to the factory and we have a ship date of 9-10. He is coordinating with service to have the "extras" installed as soon as it arrives. Should be ready for us to take it the Bike, Blues, and Barbecue rally.

I wonder if the delay is the new cooling system, without oil cooling? :>)

I've been traveling around the 6 dealers within an hour from me getting trade in prices for a 2014 on my 2012 and Victory Jackpot. Found trading in a Victory is like trading in a lawnmower. I WAS suprised that local dealer Rubber City HD manager wrote me up a sales deal ( all I asked for was a trade price) and he had an extra $1,000 added to the msrp, plus all the usual freight, maximum document fee of $250, setup, etc. I asked the guy why I'd pay an extra $1,000 over msrp ? He said "well, this is just a start, what if I take that off?"
I thought HD had stopped that crap! I walked. A couple days later the young sales guy I first talked to called me to see if still interested. I told him no, the manager turned me off. I'd look at the other 5 dealers local! I was really suprised, I haven't been over-msrp'd in a long time.
BTW, no dealers here have a new trike yet.

I believe that the 2014 are selling fast and they are marking up some of the bikes..I would wait. Give them time to put more out there and maybe better colors..

Good luck!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png