How many wear your helmets

Re: No Helmet?

if you can put your eye out with it they will probably make a law against it.

running with the sissors ? 2 year probation minimum sentence.

we repealed the helmet law in missouri a few years back and our governor carnahan vetoed it, he died in a plane wreck not long after that, guess he should have been wearing a helmet.

Mel & Randy Carnahan and Chris Sifford were friends of mine, that were killed because of instrument malfunctions in the plane Randy was piloting and I find your comment very offensive, very offensive!

Stuff happens..........When its your time, Its your time....

Amen!

I think its not the helmet that bothers us as much as the LAW. Tell your kids to wear a helmet. As for me , I got this !
I think we should be able to make up our own minds with out a LAW telling us to do what should be common sense.
If I'm not smart enough or don't care if my brains are all over me then its my fault if it happens. Helmets do not prevent accedents .

Amen again!

While I acknowledge that the use of a helmet is inarguably a common sense issue, I'm not gonna tell you I don't ride without one on occassion, and I will again. I always wear one where required whether I agree with the law or not, as I try to be mindful of the local constabulary and not dampen the spirit of my ride with an unfortunate enforcement contact and the ensuing legal inconveniences.

I just wear one when I have to OR want to. And I absolutely hate gloves, never wear them. Blue jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes most of the time.

I always found it to be humorous that so many people feel the need to worry about what someone else wears. :D

I just wear one when I have to OR want to. And I absolutely hate gloves, never wear them. Blue jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes most of the time.

I always found it to be humorous that so many people feel the need to worry about what someone else wears. :D

what you wear is your business but tennis shoes, please reconsider and buy yourself a pair of leather boots, tennies can go on your feet when you get where you're going

unfortunately, part of the disability that requires me to be on a trike also doesn't like anything tight on my foot. I can't even lace up tennis shoes very tight....guess I'll just have to take my chances:wave4:

Two big accidents in my life. Not a scratch on either helmet. I seem pretty good at protecting my noggin anywhere but in softball (hit in nose by ball today).
That said, I find I have been wearing my helmet even on shorts rides now. My theory is, I've made it this long, might as well hedge my bets a little.

unfortunately, part of the disability that requires me to be on a trike also doesn't like anything tight on my foot. I can't even lace up tennis shoes very tight....guess I'll just have to take my chances:wave4:
You have to do what you have to do - I admire you folks who work around debilitating conditions to continue to enjoy riding. Trikes have definitely made that possible! :)

Amen!

Amen again!

While I acknowledge that the use of a helmet is inarguably a common sense issue, I'm not gonna tell you I don't ride without one on occassion, and I will again. I always wear one where required whether I agree with the law or not, as I try to be mindful of the local constabulary and not dampen the spirit of my ride with an unfortunate enforcement contact and the ensuing legal inconveniences.

I am a law enforcement official. I do wear a helmet.
that being said, there are way too many rules and regulations placed upon the land of the free and the home of the brave.
as we call them "Laws with no teeth." look up the laws in place for your area or state . Great entertainment! The enforcement of these laws do very little to protect society but do generate a good deal of revenue for the local government. The general public would not believe the ratio of arrests vs convictions . Real criminals don't pay for there crimes so give some semi law abiding citizen a ticket , they will pay.
Most of us do play by the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Two big accidents in my life. Not a scratch on either helmet. I seem pretty good at protecting my noggin anywhere but in softball (hit in nose by ball today).
That said, I find I have been wearing my helmet even on shorts rides now. My theory is, I've made it this long, might as well hedge my bets a little.

if you had been wearing a full face helmutt with the visor down that ball wouldn't have hit your nose.:D

For all you No Helmet riders and those that wear it on the Highway only or not for short hops to the store.. Local TV weatherman fell off his bicycle this weekend an bumped his head on the curb. He died today. No Helmet[/QUOT

Didn't start this thread in favor of government rules for or against. Started to show how a little forthought can save your loved ones much pain and suffering. The guy in the picture went down by himself. He got up and drove home to his loved ones and lived to ride another day.Helmet.jpg

P2933-Ronald-Reagan-said-Patch-400x320.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For all you No Helmet riders and those that wear it on the Highway only or not for short hops to the store.. Local TV weatherman fell off his bicycle this weekend an bumped his head on the curb. He died today. No Helmet[/QUOT

Didn't start this thread in favor of government rules for or against. Started to show how a little forthought can save your loved ones much pain and suffering. The guy in the picture went down by himself. He got up and drove home to his loved ones and lived to ride another day.View attachment 19639

sorry about my ranting . Yea this guy was lucky he was wearing a helmet. good choice

In Nevada trikes are exempt from helmets laws as vehicles driven by 2 rear wheels. ThumbUp

Myself I have had 2 accidents and no helmet each time. the first time the strap broke and the helmet flew off. this last time I was not wearing one at all. I hit my head each time and it hurt real bad and still does and always will.

I thank god for my hard head that allowed me to live when other would die. that being said it also depends on how and where you hit your head. I am sorry about those who did not survive. that's the way life goes.

I don't believe in helmets or being told to wear one. they are hot, and heavy on your head. I have passed out from my head getting to hot while wearing one. I you land just right the strap can break your neck. some helmets can break your color bones.

that being said not everyone has a hard head.

SO WEAR YOUR HELMETS PLEASE ThumbUp

First off, I spent over 30 years in law enforcement, over 10 years of that as a motor vehicle fatality investigator. In all those years, I investigated a lot of crashes involving motorcycles, mostly 2 wheel. Not once did I ever investigate a crash where a helmet made the injuries worse. I cannot count how many times wearing a helmet would have made a difference. That being said, I and my passenger/wife wear a helmet every time we go out on the trike. In states that require it, not wearing a helmet is just asking to be ticketed. In states that do not require it, not wearing a helmet just allows Darwin to thin the herd. Down off my soapbox, now!

while living in a state with out a helmet law my own butt puckering close call changed my mind. I blew a back tire about 65 mph. .....no helmet or any protective gear. managed to get stopped with out any physical life changing event however it did change my mind about helmets. never rode with out one after that.
about 25 years later we had stopped for gas in a no-helmet state and had about 6 blocks to go to our hotel. didn't put my helmet on . about 150 feet later we got hit from behind by a pick up truck. beat the rest of me up real bad. bumped my head enough that I remember it as message " hey dumb a$$ , put your helmet on!"
so, its not a law that dictated my choice just plane old common sense.(and a little fear of being spoon fed the rest of my life)
I do agree with the concept and practice, just not the enforcement.
part of my rebel side I cant seem to out grow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png