Fender bras

Aug 27, 2013
Blackfoot, ID. USA
How do you like the fender bras available from HD for your Tri-Glides? I'm wondering about a set for my 2013 TG. The fenders sure take a beating don't they?:Coffee:

How do you like the fender bras available from HD for your Tri-Glides? I'm wondering about a set for my 2013 TG. The fenders sure take a beating don't they?:Coffee:
The only problem i see is that the bra seems to rub on the paint and dull it.
I don't see a win, win situation here.
Perhaps having them plastic coated might be a better solution?

Looking at what they have on the site, I don't think I would want that on a trike to protect the fender. One thing is that around the back end, it doesn't wrap up under the fender so stuff could easily get caught in it. Two, the material getting torn up pretty quickly. All it would take is a jagged rock flying at a high enough speed to tear a hole right into it. Plenty of people ride out on highways and you've got tons of semis joining you.

how long have you had it on and what is your opinion of it?:Shrug:

I have an 09 and had it installed before I rode it. It still looks good. I wouldn't have anything else. The installer did an excellent job. He wrapped it around the corners of the fenders. The edge on the outside of the fender is cut to match the pin stripe. You cannot tell it is on there.

I bought a roll 12' x 2' of 3M film for $50 on the internet and cut my own templates and installed it myself. You can get different thickness's.
If the object is flying that fast, it will rip through the fake leather bra also.
I have enough left over that I can replace all the pieces 3 or 4 times.

My main objection with the bra is why would I pay over $30 K for a trike and then cover up the beautiful pain job with ugly looking black faux leather??

Now 3M has a spray on film. I think I'm going to look into that for hard to place solid film.

Only one guy in my Corvette club uses one - or I should say "used" one -- not any more - his paint looks horrible.

Harley has a rubber pad that sticks on also. A lot less unsightly. ThumbUp

I have the clear plastic on mine (don't know the brand) but have been thinking about trying some plasti dip over it to expand the coverage a little. Anyone tried the plasti dip for this?

I have the black bra's on mine (Love the contrast of color on my metallic red trike). I like them but yes, dirt and debris can be an issue. Keep area waxed and remove periodically to clean and rewax. What ever we do, road stones and such can damage and even indent.
Just like with my car. Every new ding is a frustration. In parking lots I take a spot away from other vehicles with the car and trike. People just don't respect what it seems we here on Trike Talk appreciate.
cooltech:cool:

Lakeman, those are two different things. Rubber/plastic dip is a dip, for tool handles etc(ref: DAP). The 3M spray is made for spraying a clear coat film onto a vehicle. It is a new product from 3M. Most people are using the 3M stick on film, but the spray on is looking pretty good to me, especially on compound curves. ThumbUp

Lakeman, those are two different things. Rubber/plastic dip is a dip, for tool handles etc(ref: DAP). The 3M spray is made for spraying a clear coat film onto a vehicle. It is a new product from 3M. Most people are using the 3M stick on film, but the spray on is looking pretty good to me, especially on compound curves. ThumbUp

The plasti dip I am referring to I do not believe is a 3m product. Here is a youtube link that has multiple applications from doing wheels to a whole car. If you get tired of it just peel it off with no damage done to the base paint
plasti dip - YouTube

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png