Amazon purchase

Firea100

Gold Member
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2013
East China Michigan USA
I ordered one of those 5 function volt meters for a total of $35.00 including shipping on the Amazon website. Package arrived relatively quickly and in fine shape. Opened it up and found a pre-owned meter! Glue (epoxy) all over the back, broken LCD screen, wires all sticky and cut up as if someone just pulled them through an opening without disconnecting them! Contacted Amazon, they referred me to Power Sport Superstore. They said they didn't ship my order. They claimed that they hadn't sent Amazon any meters in over a year! Called Amazon back and it just turned into a finger pointing exercise. Amazon said they would process a refund, could take up to 6 weeks to see it! Then I got a little angry! Asked to speak to his mgr. Lady came on the line, probably from the same country as the first person. (I hate the disingenuous "I'm so sorry for your misfortune" crap) told her I wanted a new item NOT a refund. She called back, found another supplier got next day shipping and my money back immediately. I've got what I want but I'm still not happy, where the heck did the beat up old piece of crap come from and why can't someone be held responsible. I understand that they sometimes have used items, but who would sell an obviously bad unit? It's simply junk! And who actually sent it to me? Could not get an answer!!!
OK I'm better now, just venting..... And so it goes!

All depends on where it actually came from. Some companies will sell through Amazon, but have their own locations for products. Other things are held at Amazon warehouses where there is quality control and such in place. Amazon most likely didn't send it out themselves, but it does sound like someone who doesn't care about their job sent that item to you.

I've had 316 Ebay transactions and can't remember something going wrong. I usually look at feedback ratings. When they get into the hundreds of positive feedbacks it usually indicates a decent seller. Don't know why I chose Amazon but we'll see.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back