Question about the 2014 Triglide...

Aug 26, 2012
Phoenix
So this morning I got to sit on the 2014 Triglide. I cannot believe how beautiful it is and I do really want one badly, that was until a friend of mine pointed out a critical problem in their design. The emergency brake is basically underneath the left floorboard and it looks like any speed bump l I would go over that would hi center. does anybody here have one yet and they found out out to be a problem if not please let me know.

Haven't had a problem with that, yet.
In the up position, it is less than 1 inch below the frame. Have gone over a few parking lot speed bumps and no rubbing.
See if they will let you take it for a test ride and check it out.

Well if you are able to sit on it grab a tape measure and see what the clearance actually is. It doesn't matter with the Park-brake pedal depressed. Just where it actually rides when it's up in the released position. The specifications on the Harley web site says the ground clearance for the 2014 Tri Glide is 4.5 inches so it would be my guess that nothing on the 2014 Tri Glide is any lower than 4.5 inches including the park-brake in the released position.
As I said if the park-brake is depressed it really don't matter what height it is above the ground. Just where it is in the released position.
A 4.5 inch speed bump isn't a speed bump. That's a tall curb.
I've seen a lot of speed bumps in my days but none that tall.
The ground clearance on my 2011 Tri Glide is 4.7 inches.
So the 14 is 0.2 (tenths of an inch) lower than my 11 is.
Dan

My Ultra had a EZ up center stand that would scrap at the speed bump at the end of our complex. The trike does not scrap at all over the same speed bump maybe even going a little faster over the bump.

Thanks for the replies. The Harley Demo truck wil be at my dealership on 9/27-28 so I will take the '14 trig lode for a ride then.

So this morning I got to sit on the 2014 Triglide. I cannot believe how beautiful it is and I do really want one badly, that was until a friend of mine pointed out a critical problem in their design. The emergency brake is basically underneath the left floorboard and it looks like any speed bump l I would go over that would hi center. does anybody here have one yet and they found out out to be a problem if not please let me know.

I've gone over a number of speed bumps already on my 2014 Tri Glide. No isssues...no scrapping of the emergency brake.

Jerry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png