Keeping the front wheels down

Mar 5, 2013
Hutchinson KS
Has this happen to any one but me
Yesterday was out driving around town. and got ready to take off from a red light Trike lugged down and i pulled in the clutch and twisted the gas to much and the front pulled off the ground 10' my friend said
Has this happen to any one or is it just me lol
Big Red

Yes, it happened to me the same way at a traffic light a few weeks ago, it was my fault for giving it to much throttle and letting the clutch out to quick, "temper, temper."

I pull the front wheel off the ground regularly. I know some don't think the TG will do that, will be posting pics soon.

Don't do it so much in traffic, but just for a little fun now and then.

The front wheel comes off the ground on mine too. First time was an accident. I've done it a few times on purpose since. I don't do it very often though as the tips on my mufflers drag the ground.
Dan

Happen to me on my 11 T/G, When i first got it. This was the first Harley i ever owned, Most of my previous bikes were high revving imports. First time off my driveway i grabbed a hand full of throttle and dropped the clutch, And up went the front wheel .:AGGHH:. First and last time i did that...

I've raised the front wheel a few times when taking off from a stop sign or traffic light and either turning left or right. I do try to stay off the throttle or ease the clutch out to avoid that. Is kind of cool but when turning it does effect the turning process with the front off the pavement.:AGGHH: I have the stage 1 with a tuner so that may help a little bit but I know a stock engine will do it as well.

2011 Merlot and Black TG

My GTR will pop the front wheel if you give a handful in 1st and 2nd as the revs climb through 5500 rpm. Haven't tried to do it off the line by dropping the clutch, fear it may hurt something in the drive chain.

Richard

I have a 120r crate motor in my 2013 Trike with the power dual exhaust pipes and the Dynojet Power Vision Tuner and would not think of putting that much stain on the drive train. This engine carries the Trike very well and the 60 to 80 mph passing time frame is incredible. That is all was/am interested in regards to performance.

No wheelies for this Geezer!!!

Roger

Just got home with my new TG, 7 hours old and my friend met me at my house so I could show off my new bike. after a visit and a few beers I went to pull it into my shop and he yells "DO A BURN OUT" so I put my beer between my legs and locked up the front brake... Sparks flew from dragging the pipes and i set the front wheel down on my 5000.00 drum set. Not a scratch on the TG but had to change my shorts:blush:

Just got home with my new TG, 7 hours old and my friend met me at my house so I could show off my new bike. after a visit and a few beers I went to pull it into my shop and he yells "DO A BURN OUT" so I put my beer between my legs and locked up the front brake... Sparks flew from dragging the pipes and i set the front wheel down on my 5000.00 drum set. Not a scratch on the TG but had to change my shorts:blush:

HaHa!! A perfect example of being a silly rookie!! Next time, have your buddy hold your beer!!
You must have forgot how the process works! It goes like this: "Here,,hold my beer and watch this!" Then you go for the wheelies. You cant perform properly trying to hold a beer in your crotch!!! ;)

Didn't anyone ever till you that if you hold your beer between your legs while doing something stupid it will look like you pissed your pants.???

Next week when you write in that your BRAND NEW trike steers funny, breaks don't work, and makes a funny noise in the front end, read your post before you his the send button ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png