2014 Trike Width

I'm still doing my homework. Can someone that has a 2014 tell me what the width of the trike is. I'm obviously talking about the length from the outside of both fenders, assuming that is the widest part of the trike. Or maybe it's from mirror to mirror, I really don't know. Trying to size it up for my garage. I haven't seen one in my area yet to do my own measurements.

I measured my father-in-laws 2010 Tri Glide XXX a while back. It was right about 66 inches across the rear fenders, making it a cozy fit thru the rear ramp-door of my 12x6 Pace enclosed trailer.

My DFT conversion is about 48 in. just for comparison.

Hope that helps.

When you measure a regular bagger leaning on the sidestand, the TriGlide doesn't take up that much more room then it does.

66" vs 54" - that's a BIG difference. Did your father n law install tractor tires on his? LOL

When you measure a regular bagger leaning on the sidestand, the TriGlide doesn't take up that much more room then it does.

66" vs 54" - that's a BIG difference. Did your father n law install tractor tires on his? LOL

M3 and I measured mine the other day and it measured 54" outside to outside of the rear tires,

I love the tractor tire joke. I can picture that. How cool would that be. You would be the envy of your neighborhood. LOL

From a trailer web sight it shows that an enclosed 5ft wide door width is only 51".
I had a 6x12 enclosed trailer and my Tg just barely fit thru the door with maybe3" on a side. I now have a 7x14 which makes it much easier to load. JMO

I have a funny story - funny now, but at the time NOT.

Right after I bought my TG I brought it back to the dealer for it's first service.
The door to the service dept is like maybe 1/8 wider then the TG including the 1" rubber weatherstripping - at the most. I did not know that. They told me to drive it in, so I jumped on it and rode it in - at about 15 mph. When I stopped everyones face was white as a ghost. They couldn't believe what I had just done. When the service writer told me what I just did, I got a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. To this day, that's what everyone talks about at the dealer. :laugh:

The service manager told me last Saturday that they are going to widen the entrance now since there are so many TG's and they don't want to have to take them around to the back delivery door.
Man! when I think of what could have happened, I get sick to my stomach. :D
Someone was sure looking out for me that day. :Angel:

WOW! My brother in law's 2010 Triglide measures 55 inches. My CSC conversion kit on my Wing is only 62. 66 inches is real wide for a Triglide

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png