Ride Report 2012 Wing CSC Viper

Dec 12, 2010
Frankfort
After the ride to Eureka Springs I felt like a few little changes could make a very good machine a bit better.
I had a very slight vibration that came on above 68 mph. Just enough to be annoying. I could feel it in the grips and see it in the mirrors.
2 oz. of Dyna Beads took most of that away.
We experienced hydroplaning on two occasions. Two up, pulling the trailer both times.
Installed Michelin Defenders and received some added benefits that I wasn't expecting. The seams on the super slabs can now be heard and not transferred to the suspension. What little bit of vibration the Dyna Beads hadn't removed is now gone. We've been in the rain twice since installing the Michelins and so far no loose rear end and no raps on the helmet from the copilot.
Added a Super Brace, Skuuter's suggestion after riding the Wing in Eureka, and he was right. It does corner much better, especially two up.
The Goldwing front suspension is a bit, let's say harsh for lack of a better description. This is partially caused by the anti dive device. I used the nickle fix to disable the anti dive and have enjoyed over a thousand miles of not having the front end jump over every small bump.
Skuuter you asked for a report on the Super Brace installation, I just expanded it a little. You might not like one or any of these changes, and that's alright. This is just an FYI rant.
Ride Safe ThumbUp

I used the nickle fix to disable the anti dive and have enjoyed over a thousand miles of not having the front end jump over every small bump.

What is the nickle fix?

The ant-dive device is on the front of the left fork. Remove the fender and you will be looking at an aluminum cylinder the comes apart by removing two 4mm allen head bolts. The top half has a bleed plug and brake line attached. Remove the bolts, separate the two halves, place a nickle, with a 7/32 hole drilled in the middle, in the lower half, reassemble the two halves being careful not to over tighten and break the ears off of the upper half.
Stock 1800 springs are soft and the AD device reduces the front spring compression when braking in an effort to keep the bike more level and reduce the weight transfer from the rear tire. Not really an issue once the wing is triked.
Some folks like the results and some don't. It's a cheap way to test the results and if you like it you can buy a spacer and two longer bolts for under 20 bucks, which will eliminate the possibility of breaking the upper half of the valve.
I wouldn't make this change for anyone or recommend it, don't want the liability. Pretty sure it would void any warranty if you take it to the shop without changing it back.
If you google gl1800 anti dive device you can read the pros and cons discussions for hours.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png