2014 Tri Glide Brakes

Sep 4, 2013
Hollister, MO
After 850 miles of fun, the only issue I have found is the rear brakes squeal. I am scheduled for my 1000 mile service on 10-1 and I asked them to check this. I was told they would be happy to will check the adjustment, but that brakes squealing is a common problem on the Tri Glide. Really?

Unfortunately some have the problems and some don't, there are more that do though. When I had my 10 I removed the parking brake cables and switched to Lyndall brake pads to solve my problem, did the same to my dads 09 which also squealed..

239 mile on my 2014 and non of that yet but my pipes are glowing cherry red. can only really tell it at night. something you may want to look for. I first saw it about 169 miles. Called Harley and they said it is not normal or good to get it to the deal to see why it is over heating. 1st dealer was brain dead so trying dealer 2 tomorrow.

239 mile on my 2014 and non of that yet but my pipes are glowing cherry red. can only really tell it at night. something you may want to look for. I first saw it about 169 miles. Called Harley and they said it is not normal or good to get it to the deal to see why it is over heating. 1st dealer was brain dead so trying dealer 2 tomorrow.

I think you will find most of them brain dead.:D

WOW, if I was a prospective trike buyer that just read this thread, or most any on the board I wouldn't touch a trike. Seems problems is all anyone writes about here. IF I had just dropped $35,000+ for a toy and there was a problem, I'd be living at the dealership. USUALLY squeaking breaks is caused by the pads glazing because of heat. Could you be over-using them, riding with the parking break on (I did) or riding with your foot on the rear break (wife did)?? I thought Harley had done 'something' in '13 to correct break squeak. The Maint. Bulletin talked about here says they will replace your 09, 10, and 11 breaks with the 13 unit.

Well the rear brakes squealed on my 11 almost from day one. Dealer replaced the rear pads 3 times and rotors once. After each time the rear brakes started squealing again in a very short time. Dealer kept telling me that it's common. Well I got tired of the squealing and changed the rear pads to the Lyndall pads and I have not had any squealing since and I've rode quite a few miles since I changed them.
Had the same issue on my 08 Ultra. Changed to the Lyndall pads and it also stopped squealing.
Dan

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png