Wyomings snowy range

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
yesterday my friend Ron and i left Casper, Wyoming For a 350 mile round trip into Wyoming's Snowy Range.<br />
<br />
The wind was hellacious for most of the trip.<br />
<br />
The Snowy Range lies between Laramie, Wy. (close to the Colorado border) and the town of Saratoga, Wy.<br />
There was indeed recent snow in areas protected by forest growth. and snow on the distance peaks.<br />
The aspen and cottonwood leaves are turning.<br />
I guess i don't need to mention it was cold.<br />
We had planned to make this run all summer and figured time was running out. The Snowy Range is closed all winter.<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9179" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 9179</a><br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9180" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 9180</a><br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9181" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 9181</a><br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9182" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 9182</a><br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9183" title="Name:
Views:
Size: ">Attachment 9183</a>

The last time we where there it was July and there was still 3 to 5 feet of snow on the ground. Beautiful place. Great ride also!

Its great I loved looking really impressed with your journey because your time in the snow very difficult to manage the trip on the bike, because it is very slippery when snow is falling season begin the journey ..

Damn Combe, you should have shot me a PM when you were heading up there! I would have road over to Laramie and met you guys and took the ride with ya.
I am assuming you fella's went up over the top and went by Libby Flats.

Damn Combe, you should have shot me a PM when you were heading up there! I would have road over to Laramie and met you guys and took the ride with ya. <br />
I am assuming you fella's went up over the top and went by Libby Flats.<br />
<br />
Talking about doing it again, I will shoot you an invite

I like the Cool Blue Trike! Very Nice!

This is my old friend Ron, I have known him for near 40 years and he was helping me when I built my trike.
He was once about as crazy as a shit house rat, I guess old age has mellowed more folks than religion ever has?

Ron has a real love affair with chrome and has every piece on there he can get his hands on plus some he has manufactured. It looks like a rolling pimpmobile and he is looking at upgrading his 103" just to carry it all.smiles-loco.gif

0626141303.jpg

This is my old friend Ron, I have known him for near 40 years and he was helping me when I built my trike.
He was once about as crazy as a shit house rat, I guess old age has mellowed more folks than religion ever has?

Ron has a real love affair with chrome and has every piece on there he can get his hands on plus some he has manufactured. It looks like a rolling pimpmobile and he is looking at upgrading his 103" just to carry it all.View attachment 21683

View attachment 21684

Hmmm Sounds familiar... Tell him to go full stage 4 like I did... All that chrome weight is dissipated and makes ya go Zoooom!!!! HaHa!!

I love Wyoming and those great photos explain why. These Rocky Mountain states are just amazing for ridin' in and we are lucky to live where we do.
Saturday we are going to do the Sun Valley to Stanley loop and get another good look at the Sawtooth Mountain Range. Very similar to where you just were.

Thanks for the photos P.!!!!

I love Wyoming and those great photos explain why. These Rocky Mountain states are just amazing for ridin' in and we are lucky to live where we do.
Saturday we are going to do the Sun Valley to Stanley loop and get another good look at the Sawtooth Mountain Range. Very similar to where you just were.

Thanks for the photos P.!!!!

I love the sun valley and Stanley Idaho loop and travel it whenever I get into the area, The Lolo Pass is a beautiful ride also.

campsite%20in%20Stanley%20Idaho-%20resized.jpg Campsite in Stanley 2013

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png