Sporty Trike with wheelie bar

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Met a gentleman this last weekend that has a clean 2004 Sporty with a Mystery Designs Trike Conversion.

One of the things that caught my eye was the wheelie bar, the other was the stretched front end.

He has no steering dampener, says he regularly rides up to 100 mph, never had any wobble/shakes at any speed.

SportyTrike1_zps3154d71a.jpg

SportyTrike2_zps7099daa5.jpg

Kevin

Sweet little ride but 100 mph, no thanks.

I can't even imagine going 100 mph in a car! Someone has a death wish, imho,,,.

No wobble at 100mph, hmmmmm

Guess he has a pretty smooth "treadmill" :)

I don't understand. Are you guys saying that because it's a Sporty, or because 100 mph is fast, or am I missing a joke???

I currently have 3 bikes, a Tri-Glide, a Softail and a Sporty. On all of them I jump up to 100 mph regularly....don't stay long, but am comfortable cruising 85-90 mph on all of them.

Below is a pic of Mary and I on our Alaska trip on the Tri-glide...cruise is set at 90 mph and have a couple of fingers on the right grip to keep it going straight. It is solid as a rock.

SC15_zps80a0281a.jpg

Kevin

That's a great looking trike!!

100 MPH wouldn't be so bad on a flat, open road, but there's way too much traffic and too many idiots in SE Michigan to ride like that for very long! I think a trip west may be in order!

Believe me, I meant no disrespect in my previous post regarding going 100 mph. That's just not for me! And it is a great lookin Trike!! ThumbUp

I'm a guy who's top speed limit is 65 on my trike. And if the traffic is going much faster, I just take an alternate route. Top speed on the nearby interstate in my area is 70. I just stay in the slow lane and so far, never had any issues holding up traffic.

My comment was towards the "no wobble/shake" language at 100 mph w/sporty trike & the long fork.
Going 100 isn't that big a deal w/cycle sporty or other over 1000cc-but straight lines are best for that :)

That's a great looking trike!!

100 MPH wouldn't be so bad on a flat, open road, but there's way too much traffic and too many idiots in SE Michigan to ride like that for very long! I think a trip west may be in order!

Yes, I stay away from traffic as much as possible...also, really watch my speed where the tree line is near the road, never know what critter may decide to cross.

Believe me, I meant no disrespect in my previous post regarding going 100 mph. That's just not for me! And it is a great lookin Trike!! ThumbUp

I'm a guy who's top speed limit is 65 on my trike. And if the traffic is going much faster, I just take an alternate route. Top speed on the nearby interstate in my area is 70. I just stay in the slow lane and so far, never had any issues holding up traffic.

Did not take any offense at all...just was wondering, did not mean to imply that I did.

I, too, prefer secondary roads at a slower pace. When I need to be on the interstate, and can get away from traffic, that is when I am more comfortable at higher speeds.

My comment was towards the "no wobble/shake" language at 100 mph w/sporty trike & the long fork.
Going 100 isn't that big a deal w/cycle sporty or other over 1000cc-but straight lines are best for that :)

True that...I was just surprised he had no steering dampener.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back