Part Identification?

Aug 4, 2012
HICO, Texas, USA
On my TG I have developed an oil leak. Seems to be coming from the line going forward from the transmission. What is that line? I will get it replaced under warranty but I am 100 miles from the dealer. I am curious as to what that line is used for. Any info will be appreciated.

On my TG I have developed an oil leak. Seems to be coming from the line going forward from the transmission. What is that line? I will get it replaced under warranty but I am 100 miles from the dealer. I am curious as to what that line is used for. Any info will be appreciated.

If it is the line coming out of the right side of the transmission just to the right of the chrome cover that says Six Speed... It's your clutch cable.

There is an o-ring seal on it. If you try to take a wrench and tighten it up you will break the threaded part that goes into your transmission housing. It is not a strong threaded connection. Weak steel composite.

Best take it to the dealer. It could also be the cable jacket leaking at that connection.

My clutch cable had to be replaced on my 2012 and is being replaced under warranty right now. Oil leaking past the o-ring and/or cable end seaped down to the low spot on the cable casing and then would drip from about 8 inches forward of the spot where it enters the tranmission cover. OBTW, that braided shield on the clutch cable holds a good amount of seapage before it drips too!!!

Thanks a bunch. That is the symptoms exactly. It only started after the 1k service. Also now I know that I need to get the service manuals so I won't have to tear apart the trike to follow lines.

Thanks again.

I don't think that it is an over lube issue because I can wipe everything down and after the area is clean I can run the bike for a few minutes and the cable is pretty soaked again. But I guess that is a possibility. I'll let the dealer change the cable anyway. Thanks!

What service manuals should I buy so I can get a little bit intelligent on the TG?

when I replaced my clutch cable for a handle bar swap I put butter-luber (lightly) of permatex non-hardening sealant on the "O" ring. just to ensure no leaks .manuals are a dealer item. also get the elec. diagnostic manual 99497-09,& service manual (touring models 99483-09 parts 99602-09 & ser. manual dupplement ( for t/g)'s 99601-09 these are '09 tri glideT/G) p/n's.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REDMAN197307
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png