Baker Air Wings

Thinking about putting some baker air wings on my trike, would appreciate any feed back you can give me if you are using them, good or bad. Thanks in advance.

LOVE them!
Husband & I have them on both of our Gold Wing trikes. He got his first as I was skeptical. After driving his trike with them on I couldn't get them ordered fast enough for mine.
In the heat you open them up and direct air at you. In the winter you keep them closed to keep the air off of you.
We haven't put on the "hand" wings - that attach under the mirror but we have the mid-section air wings and the trike lowers.
AND... we do notice that there are fewer bugs on the fenders - just like Baker advertises. ThumbUp

I thought it over awhile, then I bought the Baker air wings, the mirror wings, and the trike wings. Called them up ordered them in Black, watched the video a couple of times, then installed them. The wife thought they where high priced at the time ,but now she says it really cuts the wind down or lets her get more wind depending on the weather . I left the trike wings on as they are to help save a bit on fuel. If I ever replace this trike the newer one will have them on ! ThumbUp

I put trike wings on mine and am real happy with them, When it's cool you don't get all that cold air up your pant legs and wife dont get as much wind in her face off the fenders, But I want to put in a word about Baker, I put the wings on and had a brain &%#@ and broke one of the wings, I contacted baker to order one replacement wing that I was going to pay for but they sent me a replacement NO CHARGE, Very nice people.

I must endorse what others have said! I've used Baker Wings since 2006 on my two wheel Gl1800 and it's one of the first things I installed on the trike. When combined with the Optic Armor +4 windshield it really cuts the turbulence the passenger gets.

As also mentioned, the lower trike wings help keep the bugs off the fenders! Bear in mind that if you've installed the side radiator chrome, you'll want to use a Dremel or similar tool to alter the contour of the wing and keep it fitting snug up against the profile of the cowling.:10::10::10:

I have the adjustable hand wings under the mirrors on my 2006 GL1800 and seldom wear gloves - no need, except in winter. The lower Trike Wings deflect rain and road debris away from my feet and lower legs and from the rear fenders. Well worth the price.

I have all the Baker Wind Wings, Mirrors, Fairing and Trike leg wings(Trikes are bigger then the regular ones).
Mine are clear on my white trike.
We wouldn't ride with out them, they are that good !!

I have every possible "wing" they make for a GL1500, uppers, lowers, hand, trike... Great for keeping you in a "wind free" zone. Their customer service kinda sucked when I needed help with an issue with the "trike wings", but I then solved the problem "my own way". Overall - get them.

Have the full set plus trike wings and they get the job done. Worth every penny.

What he said. They're are worth every penny they cost. Pick a good complimentary color and enjoy the ride. They were the first accessory I put on my GL1800. I had them on an 1st gen Venture years ago and never forgot about them.
Go for it. You'll never regret it. They make winters warmer and summers cooler.

Last edited:
We broke a Baker wing on our bike just where the bolts go through. Don't know if it got hit or vibration or ?? Called Baker and maybe got a newbie; however, under no circumstances would they replace the piece as it had to be our fault it got broke.

Passenger buffeting is greatly reduced with the hand wings. Had them on both an 1800 and now my 1500 trike. My wife's head initially caught all the buffet but not now... quiet air. We have some Show Chrome 90s vintage lower "wings" and they direct air off or on us while riding and will stay on as they were free with the bike when we purchased it.

One little thing nobody has mentioned yet - On the side of the trike we have Air Wings with Lowers - a large upper wing and a smaller lower wing. (Stock Pic below.) The smaller lower wing controlls air flow out of the radiator vents. In the summer it is closed and moves hot air away from the riders, but in the cooler temps the large upper stays closed and I open the smaller lower wing to pull in the warmer air from the radiators and direct at the riders. My wife is more sensitive to temp changes than I am, and she says she can tell the difference when I open the small wing in the cooler weather.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png