Corbin seats

Apr 13, 2008
Ohio
I posted a comment in the Chat thread, but I know lots don't go there. I want to give credit for some exceptional service, so here it is again.....

Mike and I rode down to Daytona on Hwy. 1 this afternoon, enjoying the perfect day! Below is a photo of Mike Corbin with me in the Corbin shop. Biketoberfest doesn't start until next Thursday, but the factory seat wizards and Mr. Corbin are already in town today with their truck full of supplies for the rally. They were so nice!

I'm looking for a short person's seat with a driver's backrest, and it is very hard to find. Corbin makes one of the few, however not all aftermarket seats will fit properly with all of the trike bodies. I wanted to make sure theirs would fit before I ordered it.... it doesn't!

But no worries! Gustavo and another seat builder, fresh in from California, pulled out several different seats from the truck, and found an '08 Softail seat was a perfect fit with the trike! Then he had me sit on the trike and took careful measurements, called California with instructions, and told me they were custom building an '08 seat for me with the position and backrest pushed 2-1/2 inches forward to fit me perfectly! He is having them make it NOW, and ship it to him at Daytona Corbin on Monday morning. He will call me to ride down, fit it onto the trike, make any adjustment needed, and IF I like it, THEN I will pay for it and ride home. All for no more than the actual cost of the stock seat less the rally discount of 10%.

I have no idea if they would be able to do this during the busy bike rally, but with extra time today he went to a lot of trouble for me, and I surely do appreciate it! Mike Corbin, founder/owner of the company, wandered out to the shop during all of this and chatted comfortably with Mike and I while the guys worked. I commended his crew and explained what they had done -- he said that is exactly what he expects of them, and he is very happy to hear that they were taking good care of me.

Many folks feel Corbin seats are too hard -- and they do use VERY dense foam -- but I've found in the past that they are very comfortable if you get the one that "fits" you properly. I'm very much looking forward to this new seat and the added comfort and support of the backrest! If they get it out via UPS on Monday as planned, I should be sitting on it by the end of the rally weekend!

mcorbin_zpsa0efc2b0.jpg

I have used a Corbin seat since 2010. Have the back rest and back rest for my wife. Hated the Harley seat on my 09 Triglide. Tried to get a Mustang seat for the trike, but whoever I talked to at Mustang said that they didn't make a seat for the Triglide and they weren't going to.
I called the main office at Corbin and they sent one right out. Yes it was a little hard, but they said it took 2000 miles to get it broke in to fit you. They were pretty well right and now I love the seat. It is very comfortable. Can ride all day and doesn't bother me at all. Wife likes her backrest because it has longer arms than the Harley original. The only regret I have is that I didn't get the heated seat.

I also ordered from their website and got the Corbin passenger backrest with extended arms for my Babe On Back..And She loves it. When I was installing it, the bolt holes would not quite line up from end to end. I muscled it to fit and held it that way while my Babe started the end bolt in the threads. While I was tightening the bolt, it snapped off, with half of it still in the seat. Crap!!!! I called Corbin customer service and told the very nice Lady what happened. She told me to repack it in the box that it came in, and UPS would be by to get it tomorrow, which they did, and the driver even had a printed shipping label that he slapped on it. Then...2 days later!!!...a brand new backrest, not the same one, arrived via UPS. She did not tell me they were going to do that. I thought they would just fix the broken one and send it back. The new one fit perfectly. Now that is customer service!!!
(I do have a plush Mustang seat on my TG that fit perfectly)

We rode down to Corbin today and they put the new, specially built seat onto the trike. It is comfortable, fits me perfectly, and the backrest is wonderful! Once again I want to give them kudos for their helpfulness, thoroughness, and exceptional service to enable me to have a seat with a backrest despite my small stature!

Attachments

• d0806d81-5bbe-4214-a12c-b5c61e1917e8_zpsb35bd90b.jpg
    d0806d81-5bbe-4214-a12c-b5c61e1917e8_zpsb35bd90b.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 202

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png