Dual exhuast for Lehman trike

Sep 27, 2008
knoxville tn. usa
I am trying to put dual exhaust on my 06 electra glide with a Lehman renegade trike kit. My repair shop doesn't work on a lot of trikes but says they can not find a manufacture that has pipes to fit. Has any body put true duals on their Lehman trike?

To the best of my knowledge... any true dual exhaust system from any manufacturer for your bike will work with one exception.

You need to have two short Z extension pipes before the mufflers. This Z pipe comes out of the head pipe, turns down slightly, levels back out and extends the mufflers to the rear mounting brackets.

Any trike shop should have them in stock.

Thank you :D

Also, if you can't find any extensions then go ahead and mount your pipes and measure the gap length and drop. A decent muffler shop can bend and cut this for you. Try to cut them a little on the long side as you will have plenty of room inside the head pipe and the muffler for adjustments. Too short and you're back to the drawing board.

I have Vance & Hines true-duals on my FLH Renegade. I did not like all the flex and the joints, so I had mine welded together. The left pipe is one solid piece and comes on-off as one solid piece. The right hand extension from the muffler to the head pipe is welded together at the muffler end, but I did leave one clamp where it joins the head pipe.

I need to differ just a tad with Wizard.....and man...I really hate to do that, but mine has a "z" extension on the right side, but only an elbow on the left.

Now...here is what I totally agree with Wizard on, bolt the head pipes and the muffins on and take it to a muffler shop. They can fabricate what it takes. I used the left-over shields from the V&H pipes and some from the stock pipes and covered-up anything that showed. The welded joints are down under the frame. Mine don't leak or rattle and I have 1 clamp in the entire system on the right side.

I would like to think (but can't remember that for back) that we used the adapter pipes that came with the Lehman kit and I did not have to fabricate any.

I need to differ just a tad with Wizard.....and man...I really hate to do that

Since when you motorhead?? :D:D

I seem to remember that your trikie is almost as old as you are and welding it is the only way to keep it from scattering across the next intersection.

OH.. btw... welcome back from the Ozarks. send me some pictures.

Not to worry JK.. we're just kidding around.

Wizard, you have ignited a spark for me to generate another story.

I have this buddy that continuously has stuff falling off his bike. The last time his horn bracket broke for no reason at all (save normal Harley vibration), I told him that I was going to weld it back on. He said go for it so I did. I welded his horn bracket back on. His tour pack bracket kept breaking and I welded that back together. As far as I know nothing else has fell off, or maybe he is afraid to bring it back to me again. I think maybe he is afraid to bring it back, because he knows the only way I can replace anything is to break-out my cutting torch.

Hey JK...I got so distracted trying to post a comeback on my buddy Wizard that I forgot to mention..if you want some pictures of mine I will be happy to send you some. PM me if you want. Wizard will likely tell you that I cannot use a camera, but I have two digital cameras. A very good one that my wife hides from me and then I have this older one I have dropped a few times...but it still works. I can sneak my wife's good camera and get you some if you want. Since mine is a Lehman Renegade over an Ultra....the same shoe size should fit yours. You can use 15 exhaust clamps like Wizard and those other guys....or you can do it professionally like mine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png