toe/heel shifter

I just purchased kuryakan floorboards with toe/heel shifter. When I told friends about my purchase, several felt that this would be bad for my Goldwing. None could give me a logical reason for their comments. Any thoughts out there?
Good or bad?

Some GW owners have reported internal transmission damage to shifting forks,which requires engine removal and disassembly to repair.Reportably caused by the added leverage of using your whole foot to shift compared to just using your toe to shift gears.It does add comfort to have your feet flat on the boards.
Some owners have also reported using them for many miles without any problems.
I had them on my old GW1200 and loved the added comfort,put 100,000 miles on that bike.Don't think I would put them on my 1500.Different machine and much harder to tear apart for repairs.
Don't know which bike you have,but that's what I have heard about the heel-toe shifters.

Be very easy with your heal.If you should miss a gear don't get excited and stomp it in gear.I did not have one on my 1500,but 1800 had it when I got it.For me it is hard to get used to.I would not add it,but the floor boards are nice.RIDE SAFE

I have the Kury floor boards and heel toe shifter. I never use the heel portion of the shifter. I have other motorcycles with heel toe shifters and don't use the heel shifter on them either. I modified the Road Star and cut the heel portion off ground it and polished it so it looked factory.
I did modify the toe portion to move it up and inch and out an inch which made it easier for me to get my toe underneath and get a little more forward movement of my left foot.

I have the Kury floor boards and heel toe shifter. I never use the heel portion of the shifter. I have other motorcycles with heel toe shifters and don't use the heel shifter on them either. I modified the Road Star and cut the heel portion off ground it and polished it so it looked factory.
I did modify the toe portion to move it up and inch and out an inch which made it easier for me to get my toe underneath and get a little more forward movement of my left foot.

I love to do that to mine. If you have any photos of your's, please post them! ThumbUp

I just put a set of Kury heel toe shifter and floorboards on my 2012 Goldwing CSC Trike. I had a set on my 1989 Wing and my 1995 Wing and never had a problem. Love the floorboards.
I test drove it this morning and it shifts easy and there doesn't seem to be any tight feeling while shifting. No binding at all. Very easy to upshift and downshift.
I can't see where this shifter could cause any problems with anything.
A person just needs to learn how to use them correctly.
My only gripe was the cost of the dang things.
My 2 cents on the shifter. Use your own judgement and good luck!

Here are some pics of my toe shifter. I took a piece of 1/4 by 1" aluminum stock 2" long with two holes 1/2" in from both ends of the appropriate size, I don't know the size sitting here in my living room.
I put a 1" spacer between the toe shifter and the aluminum stock which attaches to the stock Kury heal toe shifter.
I put a 1" spacer on the heal shifter too, just in case I loose the one on the toe it serves as a spare if I loose the front one.
Hope all this makes sense because I couldn't get the pictures to rotate the way I wanted to.
I apologize for the water spots on the chrome.

Attachments

• IMG_20131026_130145.jpg
    IMG_20131026_130145.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20131026_130156.jpg
    IMG_20131026_130156.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20131026_130223.jpg
    IMG_20131026_130223.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20131026_130233.jpg
    IMG_20131026_130233.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20131026_130321.jpg
    IMG_20131026_130321.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 149
Here are some pics of my toe shifter. I took a piece of 1/4 by 1" aluminum stock 2" long with two holes 1/2" in from both ends of the appropriate size, I don't know the size sitting here in my living room.
I put a 1" spacer between the toe shifter and the aluminum stock which attaches to the stock Kury heal toe shifter.
I put a 1" spacer on the heal shifter too, just in case I loose the one on the toe it serves as a spare if I loose the front one.
Hope all this makes sense because I couldn't get the pictures to rotate the way I wanted to.
I apologize for the water spots on the chrome.

Thanks for the photos. Now lets see if I can duplicate the process, lol.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png