Difficult to find neutral gear for 2013 GW + CSC Trike when engine is on

MMH

Sep 1, 2013
Brandon, FL, USA
Difficult to find neutral gear for 2013 GW + CSC Trike when engine is on

When the engine is on, can't find neutral. Slides easily into neutral when only the ignition is on and the engine is off. Not a major concern, really like how she rides...just curious if it's common for GW 1800's. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!

Re: Difficult to find neutral gear for 2013 GW + CSC Trike when engine is on

I haven't had any problems finding neutal with my 2012 GW. I do know I had to get a little softer touch when it comes to clicking from 1st to neutral on the Wing vs the HD's I've owned.

I noticed it was real touchy to find neutral on my 2012 Wing with CSC Viper too. We need it a lot too since we have to use reverse quite often.
I just put a Kury heel/toe shifter on it and I think it made it easier to find neutral but I'm not sure yet.

I have a Kury Heel/Toe shifter on my 05 Wing/Roadsmith and you have to "lightly" hit the shifter to get her into neutral or you'll go right into 1st, lol.

Found early on, it is much easier to find neutral if you shift into 1st gear then "lightly" lift your foot on the shifter!

The wing does most things right except the transmission is Junk , in compairison the sport bikes

I noticed it was real touchy to find neutral on my 2012 Wing with CSC Viper too. We need it a lot too since we have to use reverse quite often.
I just put a Kury heel/toe shifter on it and I think it made it easier to find neutral but I'm not sure yet.

Reverse is one thing I've seen a triked Wing does not do well. I've only done it a couple times and it gives me the feeling reverse will die an early death moving that extra mass. Now I selectively park and use the Flintstone method.

When the engine is on, can't find neutral. Slides easily into neutral when only the ignition is on and the engine is off. Not a major concern, really like how she rides...just curious if it's common for GW 1800's. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!

This cured it...from a tip from Sethan12- on 1st gear, let the clutch out a bit and tried to change to neutral...at first, didn't work but now it's falling to neutral from both 1st and 2nd! I am so happy, Thanks Again!!!

I`ve never had any trouble with my wing getting to neutral.Sometimes it`s easier to get to neutral from 2nd gear than it it from first.

The wing does most things right except the transmission is Junk , in compairison the sport bikes

"in comparison to the sport bikes" that's almost the dumbest things I've ever heard. Who would ever compare a GL1800 to a sport bike. That's like comparing a Cadillac to a Corvette and complaining that the Vet doesn't have much trunk space.

Now you know how almost all Harley owners feel. I haven owned a Harley (6) that didn't have a problen going into neutral.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png