Looking to purchase a trike

I think one needs to get any warrantee understanding in writing. That's why factory warrantees are in writing. A call to the mothership or a handshake agreement with a dealer won't cut it in court. Any reputable dealer willing to say he will back up a stem to stern warrantee on a trike conversion would be willing to put his name on a document. Otherwise it's your word against his.

I talked to owner of local honda dealer who also does conversions (CSC & Champion) He said he has no problem with warranty as long as honda doesn`t get involved. So that tells me it depends on problem.

Who knows what problems will pop up or how the warranty will work. All you can do is try to cover your butt the best way you can.
I did the best I could and it is what it is. I purchased my new trike as a new trike from a Honda dealer. I was offered the Honda warranty there but declined because they were just too expensive. I already knew how much the warranty should cost.
I purchased the warranty at a Honda dealer in my area that installs the same trike kit and sells the completed unit as a trike and also services them.
Both dealers said there is no problems with Mother Honda on warranty work.
The trike is separate from the Goldwing. If parts of the trike break the trike warranty covers it. If the wing breaks the Honda warranty covers that.
It is easy to tell which is which.
These trikes have been running for years and I believe if the trike kit caused damage to the wing there wouldn't be trikes being sold, or if the wing caused the trike part to fail.
Either way, I would have a great court case on my side if either company tried to void my warranty because of a trike kit added by a Honda dealer and a warranty sold by another Honda dealer that builds the same trike and services them.
You can only hope nothing happens but try to prepare as best you can.
That's what I did.

I'm sorry your post got hijacked.
Good luck on finding a trike. No matter what you decide to buy you will love having it.
I wish I had bought one ten years ago!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png