2014 tri_glide cats

Oct 17, 2013
Carlsbad,NM,USA
What is gained by removing your cats on the 2014 tri-glide? With the water cooled exhaust the heat doesn't appear to be a big problem. I am a first time Harley owner ex rider getting back into the game clapping. Learning all over again. Help!!! :confused:

What is gained by removing your cats on the 2014 tri-glide? With the water cooled exhaust the heat doesn't appear to be a big problem. I am a first time Harley owner ex rider getting back into the game clapping. Learning all over again. Help!!! :confused:

The most help comes from the loss of a bunch of radiated heat from the collector area in the header. This is felt mainly by the passenger setting over, & behind it. Improved flow helps some also.

Thanks everyone. Is the TQ gain by removing the cats worth the cost of replacing the header pipes if you don't have a problem with the heat. I don't have a problem with the heat now but might in the middle of the summer months with our temps.

Thanks everyone. Is the TQ gain by removing the cats worth the cost of replacing the header pipes if you don't have a problem with the heat. I don't have a problem with the heat now but might in the middle of the summer months with our temps.

The best thing you can do right now is ride the snot out of it, especially if the heat isn't bothering you. Since the 2014 does have some significant changes you want to make sure your warranty stays in tact.

I loaded my 13 on my trailer and cut cat out then took to local muffler shop and had true duels made...100.00 bucks and put RC mufflers. No heat. I now have stage one. Runs great and pulls hard.IMG_20130712_172128_605.jpg IMG_20130712_172110_415.jpg

Its my understanding thats a high flow cat, theres probably more restriction at the baffles. The radiant heat can be a problem on very hot days in the summer. On those days we start early and end early when traveling. I do know that Harley Davidson has reps in every area. If you have a warranty claim thats significant, that rep will come to your dealer in some cases and examine your trike before the repairs are approved.Dont take my word for it, ask your service desk at your dealer. If theres alot of mods, be prepared to pay for it yourself if it effects your problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png