Springer Rake Kit

wow, 7 1/2 degree rake , that is going to be way out there. my wife's sportster trike has a 6 degree rake and handles great. i have been reading about longer rakes and how they handle but always have suspicions about what i read and if it is true or not. after you get your ride together let us know how you like the long degree of rake. are you going to have the forks extended also and how much longer will they be?

Actually a stock FL springer is de-raked about 2 1/2 degrees from the FX springer models (I don't know why). So it is the same as doing a 5 degree rake on a FX springer. Since the forks are the springer type, they can't be lengthened. But if it lowers the front end too much, I'll just lower the rear to match. The trike would be even cooler looking than it is now if it was slammed in my opinion.

trikes_zps19d954f8.jpg

:Shrug:I had read about the raked stem and was trying to talk a friend of mine into putting it on his springer trike with a Lehman but he traded it first.:p

The trike he had was gorgeous but pretty tiring to ride, how doe's the raked stem make it handle?:Shrug:

ThumbUp I was checking out the hand shifter you put on, Is the original foot shifter the clutch now?

I like your trikes look my friend!ThumbUp

wolf4.jpg trike-Live to Ride.jpg

So far I cannot give a good review since the triple clamp is too tight. Makes the front end too tight and scary to steer at any speed over 30 MPH. I will loosen it up a bit in the morning and will be able to give a better report. It only lowered the frame by an inch or so but it makes the trike look meaner with a more aggressive stance. Yep the foot shift lever is now the foot clutch lever.

So far I cannot give a good review since the triple clamp is too tight. Makes the front end too tight and scary to steer at any speed over 30 MPH. I will loosen it up a bit in the morning and will be able to give a better report. It only lowered the frame by an inch or so but it makes the trike look meaner with a more aggressive stance. Yep the foot shift lever is now the foot clutch lever.

It brings back my miss-spent youth!:D

Pup,

Any improvement in steering? Low speed wobble? Front end wobble when rear end hits irregular/uneven road surfaces? Any issues with install? How many shop hours for the install? Worth the investment? Sorry for all the questions, but as the only other Frankenstein Crossbones trike owner on the forum, inquiring mind wants to know!

Scotty

Geometry

We made a few of the raked stems back in the early eighties and found the same thing you did with the steering. You need to understand that it isn't to tight but rather that the stem turns with the front end, In other words, if you could turn it 90°, you would have 0° of rake and you are actually lifting your ride when you turn it. It is a great workout but not a lot of fun or very safe.... just sayin'

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png