hello from wisconsin

Sep 18, 2009
hello everyone sorry it took so long to post new member from wisconsin and recently disabled and just can't stand to look at my bike anymore I want to convert to a trike my 2005 softail deluxe, I just really want to make the best choice for myself I no longer have the upper-body stregnth and not so good in the balance dept. either.any info anyone has as to the conversion that would handle the best for me would be great thanks

moe:)

Hello Moe, and welcome to TrikeTalk. This is a great place for ideas and different perspectives. A number of the trike kit manufacturers make a kit that would likely work well for you. Every one of them has some great points, and every one of them has someone who swears by it!!! My FatBoy is triked with the Champion kit, and I love it! I'd do it all over again with Champion without hesitation. Aside from liking the looks of it, I found it was the best quality for the price for me at the time. I also found the guys at the Champion factory extremely helpful and welcoming of my calls, and that mattered to me a lot!

Mine has the solid suspension, but I haven't had any problem with it in the twisties or on the highway, so have nothing bad to say about it. You will find others who only want independent suspension. Ask a lot of questions and glean out the items that matter the most to you. You'll soon be zeroing in on just the right kit for your likes and needs.

Welcome moehere. Good to have you with us. Nana has the most popular conversion for the softail. I also have the Champion but on a touring bike. Good luck you will love it.

They are all fine units I have the DFT and love it. You can't go wrong with any. Not like if you pick the wrong one you will regret it. You may,, like any other item U purchase , say some day wow that is a nice trike maybe I should have spent $3,000 more for it . I would love a BMW but my Acura suits me just fine

moehere: Hey fellow Cheesehead! Have you driven a trike yet? I'm in South Central WI between FdL and Beaver Darn. If you're ready willing and able, let me know if you would like a check-out ride before winter sets in for good. You should try out as many as you can before "pulling the trigger" on a major decision like this. Welcome aboard and let me know!

moehere: Hey fellow Cheesehead! Have you driven a trike yet? I'm in South Central WI between FdL and Beaver Darn. If you're ready willing and able, let me know if you would like a check-out ride before winter sets in for good. You should try out as many as you can before "pulling the trigger" on a major decision like this. Welcome aboard and let me know!

right on. no I have never rode a trike and I would sure like a check out ride. shoot winter could be tomorrow LOL in wisconsin sorry about checking back so later busy weekend and thank you for the offer i am in kenosha I will check back later to see if you reply and thanks again

moe:yes:

Welcome,
Sorry to hear about your disability. Glad you're not going to let it stop you. I have a champion kit, straight axle. Very pleased with it. You mentioned balance problems, my vestibular system was destroyed due to menieres so I have severe balance issues and raked trees helped me alot. It is much easier to steer and ride now. You can always try it without and then have them installed later.
But what ever you do......Trike it. :yes:
You won't be sorry.:no:

thanks everyone for all the info going to do it this winter so whichever I decide I WILL be ready for next summer can't wait going to check out dealers in my area see which one is for me thanks again

moe

Welcome to the board moehere!
I am just about ready to start on the conversion of my wife's 2005 Softail Deluxe. I decided not to do a kit, nor to have it installed by someone other than myself, but to make a long story short, here is a cut-n-paste from Champion's web site, regarding the Champion Softail trike kit...

Please Note: Owners of the Softail Deluxe model will need to purchase several hundred dollars worth of components that are not in Champion's kit. These include muffler attachment hardware, shocks and a backrest.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Champion trike kits, and I do like the body style. I just wanted to warn you in advance of that little note.

Welcome to the board moehere!
I am just about ready to start on the conversion of my wife's 2005 Softail Deluxe. I decided not to do a kit, nor to have it installed by someone other than myself, but to make a long story short, here is a cut-n-paste from Champion's web site, regarding the Champion Softail trike kit...

Please Note: Owners of the Softail Deluxe model will need to purchase several hundred dollars worth of components that are not in Champion's kit. These include muffler attachment hardware, shocks and a backrest.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the Champion trike kits, and I do like the body style. I just wanted to warn you in advance of that little note.

yeah I saw that on the site wow well I quess I'm going to have to pay or find someone like yourself who knows how to build one thank you for the info and hope your wife enjoys the ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png