New Champion Trike Conversion

Have some questions for some of you experienced trike riders out there. Just purchased a 2010 Goldwing with a new trike kit and can not fined any service manuals on it. Questions are the front brakes standard Honda, and is there any greasing of the drive shaft, rear end that needs to be done. This is the newer kit as I understand it with the independent suspension. Thanks in Advance.

Have some questions for some of you experienced trike riders out there. Just purchased a 2010 Goldwing with a new trike kit and can not fined any service manuals on it. Questions are the front brakes standard Honda, and is there any greasing of the drive shaft, rear end that needs to be done. This is the newer kit as I understand it with the independent suspension. Thanks in Advance.

Honda front brakes are still there although they are no longer linked to rear brakes. I don't know about IRS but my SA has 2 zerk fittings on the universial that need to be greased every 3000 to 5000 miles. I would contact Champion and ask for a manual. They don't give you much info but you should have it for tire pressures and and rear end maintaince. My rear end is a Nisson with a standard differential that rarely needs an oil change but I don't know about IRS.. They recommend 20-25 psi on rear tires.

How did you jack the trike up to get at the 2 zerk fittings? I just purchased a 2007 Champion S/A with 4000 miles.

I didn't, just layed on my floor and lubed them. I had to move the trike forward and back to get a favorable position to get to the fittings. I bought a pneumatic grease gun from Harbor Freight just for this because I didn't want to try pumping a handle under there with tight room. Nice to just pull the trigger.

I back mine up on the ramp I use for oil changes.
I made it out of 3 2x8 pieces of wood
Made each one just a bit shorter then the next.
Bevels one edge of each and nailed them together
Put a piece of 2x4 for a stop on the front of the top piece
I also have the dealer do it when I have it in for service