What do you like about your Lehman Trike?

Hello and welcome to the forum. You may have to have a certain number of post before you can post a pic. You may be able to put the pic in 'Albums' and then bring it over here for us to see.

I have to say that I could not pass this thing up when I found it a number of years ago. It is a 1993 Sportster hugger that had been opened up with a 1200 Screaming Eagle kit and had an early Lehman conversion...all the paperwork and assembly manual was from when Lehman was still supplying from Alberta Canada. Being a rider of two wheelers it certainly does take some getting used to, but after a few miles it becomes quite comfortable. I do like the looks of the bodywork, and I was very impressed with the Lehman company when I had to change the drivebelt and they sent me a schematic of the entire rear differential...so even though the conversion was done years ago the company still had what I needed at their fingertips and was extremely helpful. Kudos to Lehman.

Tried multiple times to upload a picture but couldn't. Tried both the insert image and attachment route. It would seem the site isn't as dependable and as well engineered as a Lehman!

Andy, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum. You have been a member for a number of years, tell us what you have been doing other than hiding in the snow !:Joker3:

Love my Ride

What do I like about my Trike. Well, my response to that is, what is there NOT to like about my ride. There are a few adjustments I have to make and that's not the trike's fault. I love the ride and man oh man, that trunk is awesome. I love how the door raises up from the trailer hitch. I've seen others and they look like they have a large trunk, but to be honest, I still think mine is bigger. No matter, I'm very happy with it.

I rode one trike with an Independant Suspension and that was just once so I can't speak to that. The one complaint I have is with the trailer hitch. That flat bar bounces and it has bent my license plate. Also, I would like to see the license plate bracket mounted higher. I got pulled over because the trooper couldn't see the plate because of the ball. At least he didn't give me a ticket. Told me to remove that ball, which I still haven't done. But, that has been fixed.

With some great advise from LeMann, I got a receiver style hitch built. Nice have a Navy Certified Nuclear Welder in our chapter. Built me one great hitch. Like I said, that is the only real issue I have with the ride. One other piece of advise, thanks LeMan, is if you have to move the brake block on the back axle, be careful in putting it back. It can hit the frame and cause a brake fluid leak. I speak from experience. Also, I found that copper crush washers work the best. And they are cheaper from Napa then Honda...

Well, I think that about covers it. This is my first trike and I'm thinking it may be my last one too. I love it, going to take care of it and let it take me and my lady to wonderful places.:D:D:D:D

Chuck

2011 L1200L conversion

I love the profile of the Raider conversion, most people don't relize that it's a Sportster ! It gets a lot of attention with it's uniqueness. My wife likes the fact that there is a trunk for her to stow her purse.:):clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png