What do you like about your Hannigan Trike?

It’s been a really long time coming!

I sent my 2007 Ultra Harley to Coach Rice Trikes in mid-February and just got it back last Saturday 6/21 (late for a lot of reasons – no one’s fault, 2,800 miles one-way). First of all, I have to say you can read all of the articles and other’s experiences on this forum, but riding your own is something different, and worth waiting for. I am pleasantly surprised at how well this Hannigan rides. For lack of a better word, I tell people it kind of “floats”. The suspension and Ultimate seat are going to serve my wife Jane well, where the 2 wheel bike and Mustang seat didn’t. I have put on about 500 miles so far; about 150 with her, and I really like it a lot more than I thought I would. I thought to myself when I started looking at options; “NO WAY” I’ll ever ride a trike! But I also used to say 30 years ago that I’d never own a Harley either, now I’ve owned 3 of them. I didn’t have access to ride any trikes where I live, so this was a “leap of faith”. Oh yeah, Harley would let me demo one for 10 miles, if I was SURE I would buy it, and I did ride a Can-Am. Jane hasn’t completely endorsed it yet because on the longer rides (on the 2 wheeler), her legs would fall asleep. Her rides so far on the trike are not long enough to assess that. I did get an AirHawk-R cushion, so I think she will be doing okay when we go to Glacier National Park in 2 weeks.

My son who is a machinist had to lie down on the ground and look up under it at all of the mechanical components. He was very impressed, and he rides a Kawasaki Ninja, usually over the speed limit. The one thing he wanted to make for me though is an elevated tow bar that will have a 5” lift on it since the straight tow bar I have makes the trailer slope down substantially.

I opted for the mechanical reverse, floorboards, extra fuel tank, hitch and rake kit for this conversion. The bottom line is, I wouldn’t have done anything different, it looks classy and rides nice. I LIKE IT!!

Now the bad news; It is 75* outside and I’m working…but at least I have a view of the trike in the parking lot!

That's a sharp looking ride, I love my 2012 GENII Hannigan and wouldn't think twice about having them trike my 06 Ultra Classic if I ever decide to do it.

After two years of planning and research I just took delivery of my Hannigan trike on my 2008 Goldwing. Doug and Aran from American Trike and Motorsports in Keene, NH hit one out of the park on this one. If you're looking for a quality trike builder in New England, this is the place to go. I knew it would look good but it is beyond good. Aran even figured out a way for my Kury footboards and heel-toe shifter to work with the Hannigan foot fairings. If you are thinking about the 180 kit and are scared off by the price, please re-consider. It rides and handles like an expensive sports car.

Thanks to the folks at Hannigan for hand building an amazing trike and also to the members of Trike Talk that made all the research so much easier.

After posting the above I re-read all of the other posts and "PONDERED EXHAUSTIVELY"as to what I might add to their comments and it is my final conclusion that .....
what I like most about my 2014 HANNIGAN TRIKE with practically every option they offer is...."You guessed it"....

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Note: Life is short so enjoy those Hannigans while you can for as long as you can. I hope I'm still around for the next generation of Hannigans. Ride Safe. Doc ThumbUp

10 years ago when we bought our Hannigan trike. All our friends told us were making a mistake. 75000 trouble free miles we are still riding it and it rides as good as it did the day I rode it home. If you want a trike that will last. Buy a Hannigan.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

My second Hannigan and love it.
David Hannigan and his wife Ruth Anne
are great people who enjoy there business.
If you visit there store and factory at
Murray,KY you will be convinced that it's
the only way to go. you will have the ride of your life.
Capt Bob

So far the best Hannigan's Customer Service is #1. They are second to no one!! Most of you know about my build and John Lee coming to the rescue. Can't say enough about the support from John, Herb and Ruth Anne.

I have since taken possession (until the end of riding season) and have put almost 3K on my 09 RSV. Absolutely love it. I feel comfortable and safe. Love the handling and how it absorbs the potholes that I can't avoid.

Two more trips planned next month, TT NE Rally in VT and Venture Riders Rally in Chaffee, NY. both should be nice rides.

Looking forward to a totally completed machine!

As someone told me the other day...........Now, that's one handsome machine!!

I don't know where to start. I had my 2010 Ultra Classic triked with a Transformer kit. The way this thing rides is unbelievable, so smooth and comfortable. The look is outstanding. The paint is perfect. Having the larger trunk is a plus for sure. I would not want to change a thing. The wife and I love it. You will not find better people than the people at Hannigan. I think you under stand I am extremely happy with my Hannigan Transformer.. My only regret is I should have had the Transformer installed long ago..

Hannigan Motorsports gets Five Stars from Sherry and me. Build quality and customer service are as good as I've ever seen in the aftermarket industry and I've been doing this stuff for well over forty years. But,the best aspect of our Transformer is its amazing ride quality. Sections of road that would have had Sherry and I gritting our teeth on other trikes we rode,are simply a non-issue on our trike. Its IRS just swallows up the rough stuff like a dirt bike with long travel suspension.
Sherry and I love our Transformer and really look forward to many relaxing miles of seeing the USA on three wheels!

image.jpg
Just one more picture with the tour pack installed. one month on the kit and everything is great. the tech's at Hannigan take pride in there work.
This unit will be for sale in two years. I plan on buying a new CVO Harley and have Hannigan install another Trike kit, it will be my third and last one only because I'm getting old.
Capt Bob

View attachment 29624
Just one more picture with the tour pack installed. one month on the kit and everything is great. the tech's at Hannigan take pride in there work.
This unit will be for sale in two years. I plan on buying a new CVO Harley and have Hannigan install another Trike kit, it will be my third and last one only because I'm getting old.
Capt Bob

Morning Cap'n Bob ThumbUp
We are so glad you and your Bride are enjoying your stunning Transformer. Thanks so much for all the Pics and kind words.

You'll never be too old Sir...
None the less, we would be honored to have the opportunity to serve you two once more as well as receive your cherished trust again in the future if and when you should decide.
Till then, all the best to you both and here's to many MANY memorable miles.

My Trike

Ok I just traded from a Harley Triglide to A Indian built by Hannigan.. And all I can say is Thank you Hannigan,, Love it and Love the fact that John at Hannigan is so helpful at answering my stupid questions,, Yes folks from a great product to awesome customer service I say Hannigan All THE WAY

Ok I just traded from a Harley Triglide to A Indian built by Hannigan.. And all I can say is Thank you Hannigan,, Love it and Love the fact that John at Hannigan is so helpful at answering my stupid questions,, Yes folks from a great product to awesome customer service I say Hannigan All THE WAY

Our pleasure as well Jim ThumbUp
So glad to hear the Hannigan Indian Trike met and hopefully exceeded your Expectations and was well worth the nervous drive to Wisconsin ;)

No such thing as a "Stupid Question"-Here anytime you need us.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png