Bluebonnets in Texas Hill Country

Aug 1, 2011
Cranford, NJ, USA
After a long winter, will be ready for nice ride in early April. Planning to go to Texas Hill Country northwest of Austin, TX to look for bluebonnets. There are other sights in the area, so will decide which are most interesting. I'm ready now... :)

Hill Country Cruising
http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/willowcity.html
Burnet Bluebonnet Festival
http://bluebonnetfestival.org/
Fredericksburg Scenic Drives
http://www.fredericksburgtexas-online.com/ScenicDrives
MotorcycleRoads.US - Hill Country, Texas
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tx_hill.html
Texas Bluebonnet Sightings
https://www.facebook.com/texasbluebonnetsightings

Attachments

• Longhorns.jpg
    Longhorns.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Austin Trip (640x403).jpg
    Austin Trip (640x403).jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Texas Hill Country Map (582x640).jpg
    Texas Hill Country Map (582x640).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Hill Country Map (640x351).jpg
    Hill Country Map (640x351).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
If we have a good year you will not regret the trip!!! Some of the most beautiful scenery I've every viewed. Bluebonnets need lots of fall rain and they've had plenty of that. The odds are good you will see some real sights. I'll be recovering from knee surgery so that won't be on my agenda next spring. :xszpv:

Enjoy!!!!

On my bucket list.but can't do it next year.Going to try to do NW five next year Wy,Mt,Wa,Or,Id.and be back toE Springs for the reunion in June.RIDE SAFE

ThumbUp Thank you for sharing this post, Living in Wyoming and with all my roaming i Have never seen a true Bluebonnet.
Now i know what all those country songs i like are about!

Leo, funny you should mention Texas, I've been thinking of going there on new trike. Got a friend in Killen [Ft. Hood] that tells me to come on down. Saw him in the big easy 3 weeks ago, and he mentioned it again. Was down in San Antione a couple years ago, and enjoyed my share of bar-b-q down there. Got to watch tornado season for sure.

You couldn't pick a better place to ride and ride and ride and ....... Plan on a trip to Leakey and ride the sisters, 335, 336,and 337. Proceed there from Kerrville on Hwy. 16, beautiful, then onto 337 into Leakey. Make sure your brakes are in very good condition. Suggest you purchase a Butler map of the area. It will identify all of the best rides.

Also check out the many bed and breakfast places in the area.

If you're planning on Kerville as your base, be sure to get reservations far ahead. The place fills up in spring.
In Fredricksburg, one block north of Main, there's a visitor center that has everything you will need to know about the area. Wish I could give you a street name, but there are signs and most any shop keep on Main will be able to tell you how to get there.

Okay, just got off the phone with Jonesy. We will make this trip together in April. We will work out details in the upcoming months. Happy to be traveling with my triker buddy. :)

After a long winter, will be ready for nice ride in early April. Planning to go to Texas Hill Country northwest of Austin, TX to look for bluebonnets. There are other sights in the area, so will decide which are most interesting. I'm ready now... :)

You might want to check out the Texas Trike Reunion. We have been to it the last 2 years. Trikes from all over the U.S. have been there as well as a LOT of us Texans. It is NOT a rally - just a gathering of trikes. There are no prizes or awards or vendors - just riding and camaraderie in the Texas Hill Country area around Kerrville, TX. This year's Reunion was held the first week of April. The bluebonnets were sparse as there had been no rain in Texas for 2 years but this coming spring they should be gorgeous - that area has had a LOT of autumn rainfall. The date for 2014 has not been announced yet, I assume they plan to have it again but am not sure, however, here is contact info for it.

"Each person is responsible for their own expenses and safety. This is not a sponsored event.
Sign up. Email me. George Lewis, scoot62@aol.com or call if no email (830)755-8261."

Trying to connect areas of interest with a purple highlighter. Thinking the bluebonnet areas may be north and east of Austin. Guess we can make adjustments when we get there and monitor the Bluebonnet Sightings site.

Attachments

• Hill Ride (640x422).jpg
    Hill Ride (640x422).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 182
You couldn't pick a better place to ride and ride and ride and ....... Plan on a trip to Leakey and ride the sisters, 335, 336,and 337. Proceed there from Kerrville on Hwy. 16, beautiful, then onto 337 into Leakey. Make sure your brakes are in very good condition. Suggest you purchase a Butler map of the area. It will identify all of the best rides.

Also check out the many bed and breakfast places in the area.

Ahhhh, the "twisted sisters". Great ride and beautiful country.
Texas, a state of mind and whole other country!

Try the Willow City Loop north of Fredericksburg off Hwy 16. But be prepared for heavy crowds during peak season and there is rarely any place to park. Just the road itself is worth the ride but the scenery during season is one of the best outside of the Brenham, Tx.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png