Snow cables

Jun 30, 2013
Texas
Okay guys am going to repeat a question that I've been jokingly ask several times ever since I bought my trike. Has anybody ever though of or have put snow cables, not chains, on their trike ??

Yes, we do get snow here in Texas (21" in one day last year) but it's usually gone in a couple days.

o~\o

I don't see how they would do any good really. If you can't provide proper traction for ALL of your tires, you're going to end up in a dangerous situation.

If one of those cables comes loose your going to do so major damage to your fender. They cost $900 bucks to replace and I doubt your insurance company will be real pleased that your turning in a claim. One of those cables comes loose on a car tire you at least have the wheel well to protect damage. There is no wheel well with the TG.

If one of those cables comes loose your going to do so major damage to your fender. They cost $900 bucks to replace and I doubt your insurance company will be real pleased that your turning in a claim. One of those cables comes loose on a car tire you at least have the wheel well to protect damage. There is no wheel well with the TG.

My thoughts exactly but it makes for good conversation over a cool one. Conversation started because it took a couple friends a week to get back from Daytona a few years back because of ice and snow.

o~\o

I've said it before and I'll say it again, If it's cold enough to snow I'm driving my truck.
Besides I haven't used a set of tire chains since I got my first 4X4 pick up in 1977. Haven't been with out one from 1977 to now and we get plenty of snow here in NE.
Dan

I wanted to put a ski on the front end & snow tires on the rear. I would have the best heated snow machine around !! Then I went & cooled it down ...... Oh well.....pepper

Many years ago, I had a set of "chains" that were made of plastic. They were, of course, only for emergency use. When you got unstuck, they had to come off.
Anybody else remember them?

I agree if it is snowing I park the trike. I will ride down to 35 deg, nothing lower as to much black ice. I will be installing my heated gear cable and the bra's on the engine guards. As others said I would be afraid of fender damage.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png