What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Out for a ride and pulled into a local park to see if the dolphins were around today and heard a really odd sound when going slow. After we parked, starting looking around and found the horn hanging from it's wires banging on the cylinder, damn, the bracket broke. Got the bracket off and zip tied the wires out of the way, geez, $35 for a new horn bracket, all installed and the horn still works, lol.

neryRUOR_o.jpg

Glad you got it fixed easily!

Seen that many times....... pretty common HD issue.

Yep, had a few break myself in the last 6-7 years. Don't remember seeing it as much prior.

Kevin

Out for a ride and pulled into a local park to see if the dolphins were around today and heard a really odd sound when going slow. After we parked, starting looking around and found the horn hanging from it's wires banging on the cylinder, damn, the bracket broke. Got the bracket off and zip tied the wires out of the way, geez, $35 for a new horn bracket, all installed and the horn still works, lol.

neryRUOR_o.jpg

Hmmmm ... seems like a perfect time for a set of Love Jugs ... comes with a heavy duty bracket ... :D

True that Fuzzy, I've got a set of Ward's fans that so far have worked well through 22,000 miles. When they go kaput I'll definitely get the jugs although I really like how the fans work off a thermal switch and keep running for about 5 minutes after the bike is shut down.

True that Fuzzy, I've got a set of Ward's fans that so far have worked well through 22,000 miles. When they go kaput I'll definitely get the jugs although I really like how the fans work off a thermal switch and keep running for about 5 minutes after the bike is shut down.

Yeah, I like the thermostat on my Wards fans, too. One of the fans quit this Spring and I replaced it. So far, so good.

Lift Kits

Over the weekend I installed a lift kit for the gas tank on my '17 TG. While I was at it, I installed the convertible lift kit for the rear. Yesterday I had a pair of Goodyear Comfortreds put on while I had the trike jacked up. I removed my mufflers to give a wider spread on the jack stands and took the opportunity to give them a good cleaning.

Both lift kits went on real easy. Should have burnt a couple more gallons of gas before doing the tank. Got both kits from DK. Very happy with the pricing, quality of parts, good instructions and fast service.

Safety Recall

I got a Safety Recall from HD the other day. It states "The electro-hydraulic control unit (EHCU) software on affected motorcycles may respond incorrectly to a faulty rear wheel speed signal by activating one of the rear brakes. Unintended activation of one rear brakes could lead to an unexpected change in vehicle direction which may increase the risk of a crash. Vehicles affected are 2019-2020- Trike models

(FLHTCUTG, FLRT, AND FLHTCUTGSE). Anyone else get this notice? Good time to take it in to the dealership.

I got a Safety Recall from HD the other day. It states "The electro-hydraulic control unit (EHCU) software on affected motorcycles may respond incorrectly to a faulty rear wheel speed signal by activating one of the rear brakes. Unintended activation of one rear brakes could lead to an unexpected change in vehicle change in vehicle direction which may increase the risk of a crash. Vehicles affected are 2019-2020- Trike models

(FLHTCUTG, FLRT, AND FLHTCUTGSE). Anyone else get this notice? Good time to take it in to the dealership.

Yeah, got mine yesterday. Bunch of other folks got theirs too, talking about it in this thread- https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/55702-Safety-Recall-2019-2020-Trike-Traction-Control

Kevin

Believe it or not I broke mine

Got my floorboard extensions in the mail yesterday. Just got done installing. Install went smooth and easy. Just sitting on the trike the position of my feet feels a lot better.

I don't remember where I got them, but we were grouping up to take off for the Guinness run and when I got off my trike, the bolt snapped. I weigh 230, and they were less than a year old. I got it fixed with new bolts, but had lost the extension itself. I'm going to work on a new design for some 1.5 inch extensions that are more robust.

I hope you enjoy yours! I know my right leg was a LOT cooler when I had em on.

I don't remember where I got them, but we were grouping up to take off for the Guinness run and when I got off my trike, the bolt snapped. I weigh 230, and they were less than a year old. I got it fixed with new bolts, but had lost the extension itself. I'm going to work on a new design for some 1.5 inch extensions that are more robust.

I hope you enjoy yours! I know my right leg was a LOT cooler when I had em on.

When I started looking at extensions, I gave thought about how they would hold up with the stress of using the floorboard to get on and off the trike. That's why I bought the extension kit from DK Customs. I found a couple kits that cost less, but I was somewhat concerned about the quality. I am looking forward to a more comfortable ride and less heat on my legs, especially in crosswinds.

Placed order for new handle bars

After reading all the reviews I could fined here. Taking everyone's height and handle bar choices. Along with the pic's & comments. Which I fine to be a great help thank you!

I have decided to go with Khrome Werks Chrome 1 in. 2+2 Custom Sweeper - 300519:D

Pic's to follow when in stall begins hopefully soon.

Got Blessed

Rode to get my bike Blessed today, was 51 and kind of nice tbh. 2nd year (went last year 2 weeks after getting the trike). It was actually held at the dealership where I bought my bike, so lots of people. Neat thing happened though. A guy came up and asked how I like it. Of course I was all about how great it is, set a world record etc. Turns out he was the guy who traded my trike in and recognised it by the passenger cup holder. Go figure! So yeah, nice ride, got blessed and made found a new friend.

New Drive tires

Old tires age cracked between tread ribs around circumference of tire time to get rid of them. 202X70R 15. little higher see how it goes

Welp ... I did go out and put my new Tire plugging kit in the tool bag. After seeing someone (thanks to whoever it was) post about these ... I did some research and really liked what I saw ... Since I had asked some questions of the guy selling them, I got an email offing me 10% off my first order and free shipping. That brought the cost to $32 and charge per unit.

I ordered two, One for Guinevere and one for the Fat Bottom Girl. Since I already have small air compressors in both vehicles, I just got the plugging kit.

Here's where I ordered them:

https://www.stopngo.com

This is what I got:

Pocket Tire Plugge Repair Kit 32.35.jpg

Pretty complete, the only add (and this was mentioned by the OP) I made was to put a needle nose in each kit. Fit in the bag, got a couple at harbor freight.

Curiosity did get the better of me, so I tested it ... LOL. In the magic garage, I had a practically new rear tire from an Ultra that had 450 miles on it when it picked up a jeweler screw driver in the tread. Being old school, I just replaced the tire. Anyway, I followed the instructions and although I don't have a rim to test it on, the repair appears to be solid. Worst case. I'll feel better knowing the kits are there.

Bluetooth Helmets

Today we bought new modular helmets and 30K Bluetooth communications sets. Also had to buy a module for the Trike in order to use them:mad: Also got a half helmet with the boom stuff built in. I will take the bike in next Monday and get the module installed and everything paired up, I hope:xzqxz: We have 3 group rides scheduled in the next week and a half so should have a good feel for how they work in the next couple of weeks:)

New seat Well new to me.

I have had a few issues with the seat (10) yr. old, so when another member offered his OEM take off seat for paying for the shipping I accepted his generous offer. Slightly damaged easy repair was done in no time, now to wait for the weather in spring. ride safe Fred/Jeanne

DSC01480.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png