What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Reverse Finally!

Looks like HD took my years of complaining to heart. My dealer just put a new Reverse motor on my beast. It looks a little bit bigger, but he said I can Reverse up my steep driveway with the old lady on the back and not worry about it. Has anyone else got one yet?

Looks like HD took my years of complaining to heart. My dealer just put a new Reverse motor on my beast. It looks a little bit bigger, but he said I can Reverse up my steep driveway with the old lady on the back and not worry about it. Has anyone else got one yet?

Frank......Welcome to Trike-Talk....:wave4:...

On my 2011 Tri-Glide...I put in a mechanical reverse....And did away with the electric one....

Welp ... had great plans for a ride today ... went out about 10 am, wiped the FBG down some and fired her up. Forty two degrees and sunny. Decided to go south ... only got about 4 or 5 miles and it started to snow.

Funniest thing ... Sun beaming and it started to snow. Big flakes and a lot of them. The big we kind. They weren't sticking, they melted real quick .... sure made me get wet really fast. So, I turned around and headed home. By time I got home, I was soaked and the snow had turned to rain.

Kinda bummed ... got a taste for riding her again ... oh well ... spring is on the way and coming fast.

Fuzzy sorry about your aborted ride. Here is the greater Memphis, TN, area it got up to 67 degrees by mid afternoon. Wow that's really something for early February. Gotta love that global warming, lol.

Anyway after tidying up a few more details on my new TG I went for a little 50 mile putt after lunch. It's been 4 weeks and 5 days since my knee replacement surgery and the Mrs. was a bit hesitant for me to venture out. But I assured her I'd take it easy and I did. No problem at all and looking forward to more warm weather and longer rides for sure. :)

Guilt at leaving the FBG Home

Okay ... so ... I felt guilty leaving the Old Gal home on my latest head clearing run (kinda glad I did ... never got over 40* in Mesquite while I was there :AGGHH:) and wanted to give her some love.

Always wanted to have an F4 on every one of my Gold Wings ... just seemed like there was always something I wanted more from the "Bike Budget". I like the look and function of the stock Tri windshield, but, if you look at it cross eyed it scratches .... sooooooo

I ordered an F4 in the 10" straight clear version.

F4 10%22 Straight Windshield.jpg

Also, I'll be heading to Kerrville a few days early .. Papa Zook is gonna install the rake kit on the Fat Bottom Girl :D ..... FBG Gets a new look and Ride, Alan gets a few more days to chow down on some BBQ ... Win Win ... :D

You are going to appreciate the heck out of the F4. Paper towels and water or Windex...wipe in any direction - no scratches! NO wax of any kind..you will like the way the water beads up. It is a thick and sturdy windshield with excellent clarity. :clapping:

Okay ... I'm set ... leave Grand Junction on 4/13, arrive Santa Rosa, Nm ... Leave Santa Rosa the 14th, arrive San Angelo, Tx. .... get to Conroe, Tx on the afternoon of the 15th .... drop the Fat Bottom Girl and trailer at Cut -n- Shoot ... 16th is a Sight Seeing and BBQ Day ... Pick up the FBG and Trailer the 17th ... Leave Conroe the 18th and arrive at Kerrville, Best Western the 18th ... Leave Kerrville the 23rd, arrive Lubbock ... Leave Lubbock the 24th, arrive Espanola, Nm. .... Leave Espanola the 24th and arrive Home.

So ... 10 days in Texas ... Might be able to get my fill of BBQ in that time ... :D

After a beautiful day yesterday today is dreary with light to moderate rain so no chance to ride. :mad:

Anyway I had to go to the gym for PT on my knee. I'm officially finished with PT but of course I'll continue to exercise the knee.

After I got home I decided to install the USB power point in the tour pak. Really handy when on the road to charge mobile phones, etc.

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Then I installed my Custom Dynamics Pro Beal taillights. I had the Pro Beam turn signals up front and really like them. I have the full setup front and back on my 2017 CVO Limited but never did the rear lights on either trike due to the expense of having two taillights. But thanks to a great forum member, Peter, (PTR), who offered a set for sale I was able to get this great addition. Thanks Peter. They are great. Can you see me now?

This is stock taillights:

IMG_0214.jpg

This is Pro Beams:

IMG_0215.jpg

Pro Beams with brake lights on:

IMG_0216.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 129
View attachment 82985

This is Pro Beams:

View attachment 82986

Pro Beams with brake lights on:

View attachment 82987

What are the two little lights under the tour pak ... looking at doing the DK Filler piece, but, kind of like the little ones. Any chance of getting a closeup of those? I have the Kuryakyn relocator on my tour pak, gotta be careful of blocking the latches.

Thanks

Edit: Are those just the side lights on the tour pak where they wrap around? Duh ... really need to spend more time with the FBG :blush: ... especially looking at her b$tt!

What are the two little lights under the tour pak ... looking at doing the DK Filler piece, but, kind of like the little ones. Any chance of getting a closeup of those? I have the Kuryakyn relocator on my tour pak, gotta be careful of blocking the latches.

Thanks

Edit: Are those just the side lights on the tour pak where they wrap around? Duh ... really need to spend more time with the FBG :blush: ... especially looking at her b$tt!

Yup. That's what they are.

Questions.

Jerry, i suppose the dragon is a decal, and the other service symbol, is it USAF and what does it say? Looks good! BTW, both of my rear tail lights are Bad Ass lights. Expensive, but boy to they get attention. Like the USB port also.

I put a Rekluse clutch and Spectra Glow lights on my wifes Tri Glide. She wanted pink lights. I installed the Coolflow fan and had the dealer enable it. I also had the dealer program my wifes driving lights to stay on during high beam operation. My father in law is down from Buffalo and at 79 he drove his first Trike.

Started the install of the high mount brake light on my luggage rack but ran out of time to finish.

Jerry, i suppose the dragon is a decal, and the other service symbol, is it USAF and what does it say? Looks good! BTW, both of my rear tail lights are Bad Ass lights. Expensive, but boy to they get attention. Like the USB port also.

Yes the Dragon is a decal and the Air Force medallion is SAC - Strategic Air Command which I was proud to have served in during the late 60s and early 70s.

Interesting

Yes the Dragon is a decal and the Air Force medallion is SAC - Strategic Air Command which I was proud to have served in during the late 60s and early 70s.

Yeah I thought it might have been a SAC medallion. I was in the USAF from May of 1968 to May of 1972. I was in the Air Force Security Service, which back then had nothing to do with police or MP security. It was all overseas except for a couple of places state side. Electronic spying basically during the cold war days.

It was very interesting, but I was copying morse code everyday for 8 hours and it really got on your nerves at times. I was really thinking of reenlisting if they would let me cross train but my AFSC at that time was critical and they wanted me to stay with USAFSS. I told the Captain that was trying to get me to stay (nice guy) that I would grow a beak and peck sh** with birds before I would copy code 4 more years. :D

I was at Homestead my last 10 months and made friends with some local families that were well known in the area. I came real close to staying in Homestead as a civilian but ended up coming back to Jackson MS and going into Law Enforcement for the next 35 years. My best friend went in at the same time I did but he ended up in electronics and worked on ECM equipment on B-52's. He was stationed in Quam and later at Barksdale AFB.

Yeah I thought it might have been a SAC medallion. I was in the USAF from May of 1968 to May of 1972. I was in the Air Force Security Service, which back then had nothing to do with police or MP security. It was all overseas except for a couple of places state side. Electronic spying basically during the cold war days.

It was very interesting, but I was copying morse code everyday for 8 hours and it really got on your nerves at times. I was really thinking of reenlisting if they would let me cross train but my AFSC at that time was critical and they wanted me to stay with USAFSS. I told the Captain that was trying to get me to stay (nice guy) that I would grow a beak and peck sh** with birds before I would copy code 4 more years. :D

I was at Homestead my last 10 months and made friends with some local families that were well known in the area. I came real close to staying in Homestead as a civilian but ended up coming back to Jackson MS and going into Law Enforcement for the next 35 years. My best friend went in at the same time I did but he ended up in electronics and worked on ECM equipment on B-52's. He was stationed in Quam and later at Barksdale AFB.

Small world Mike. My wife is from Jackson, MS. We met when I was stationed at the SAC base in Columbus, MS, and she was in college there. And I too got to spend time in Guam and Okinawa as well. SAC was transitioning back them and moving north with fewer bases so I got to spend my last tour in Izmir, Turkey. Really enjoyed it over there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png